Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D-Cho464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Third degree theft. How likely is it that I will receive jail time?
    I'm 19 and I shoplifted roughly 20-30 dollars at a Safeway located in Aberdeen, Washington. I heard that the MAXIMUM jail time is 364 days but I'm curious as to how much jail time that I would be realistically getting. It's my first offense so I'm hoping I'll get no jail time at all?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 04:55 PM
    It's really up to the judge. There's no way to even guess what you'll get.
    D-Cho464 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It's really up to the judge. There's no way to even guess what you'll get.
    If in the case I get jail time or anything at all on my record can I have it expunged at a later time?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Cho464 View Post
    If in the case I get jail time or anything at all on my record can I have it expunged at a later time?
    Not likely. You're 19, an adult. Whatever you get on your record now, will likely stay there unless you can prove you're innocent, which you already stated you aren't.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2013, 05:08 PM
    You could have little jail time possibly, you could get community service, fined, you could get off on O.R. it could possibly be expunged but that has requirements. I will try to find some links when I get on my laptop for your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 2nd degree felony charge receive probation instead of jail time [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in jail in Oklahoma awaiting extradition to Arkansas on a felony warrant for theft by deception. He is 43 now and hasn't had amything on his record since he was 18. My question is: is there any chance he could just get probation instead of jail time. He has a family and job here in...

6 counts of entering auto... first time being in trouble will he receive jail time. [ 2 Answers ]

Someone I know got 6 counts of entering an auto with intent to to commit theft. They later found out he was involved && came to the house to pick him up. When they asked he admitted it to the officer he gave them the three items he had on him. They are wanting to hire an attorney but don't know if...

How much jail time for third degree theft [ 5 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I was house sitting a house and there was a WII that I sold for some fast cash! I declined to tell the owners of the house about this though the Day they came back I had about $500.00 for the missing items for them. This was more then enough for this missing Wii. Instead of...

View more questions Search