Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booyaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
    I owe 4100 dollars for probation and my probation is up can I go to jail I live in pa
    I owe 4100 dollars on my probation which is up on October 2 2013 can I go to jail I live in pa
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Hello b:

The law is not settled on this.. From what I've observed, people who've shown good faith about their fines and restitution, were allowed to continue to pay AFTER they were released from supervision..

However, those who just didn't pay, are going to pay a price for their negligence. I don't think they'll put you in jail, but I don't think they'll release you from probation.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation problems... will I go to jail for shoplifting 40 dollars worth at walmart. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on post realease probastion. Will that minor shoplifting charge send me back to prison or will they give me another chance

If you flatten a probation sentence in jail do I owe fees on that probation sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I owe fees for a probation sentence if I served the time to flatten the probation sentence if I have to come out on a second probation that was ran consecutive to the first?

Off probation but owe fines? [ 3 Answers ]

West virginia law? If you are convicted of a crime and received probation and the probation time has expired and the probation officer did not go to the court and renew the probation to be extended for not having court costs and fines paid off and the case is closed with the probation office...

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

I have been on probation for 10 years and it is almost ending but I still owe restitu [ 5 Answers ]

Been on probation for 10 years my probation is coming to an end my lawyer states to ask for an early termination but is that possible if I still owe a restitution?

View more questions Search