Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MystiqueMarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 11:28 AM
    Rules and guidelines for a sex offender and their family
    So my dad is a sex offender. Right now he is in prison. Well he gets out in August. By June he needs to know of somewhere to live when he gets out. Well I am the only one who will be able to take him in. Thing is right now I am living in a homeless shelter and has no job. I know that soon I will have to get a job and eventually a place for us to live. Thing is I have no idea of all the rules and guidelines and stuff like that. I heard that whoever lives with him has to register saying they live with a sex offender. I don't know if this is true. I need answers as to what I need to do for me to get a house for us.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2011, 11:55 AM
    What level sex offender? What restrictions? What State?

Oct 18, 2011, 05:09 PM
    Level 1. Not sure about restrictions. And Michigan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Has he been assigned a probation officer? If so, the first thing you do set up a meeting to discuss what happens when he gets out.

You might find this helpful:

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...8366--,00.html

Oct 18, 2011, 05:46 PM
    I am not sure if he has a probation officer yet. But I will find out. I never thought to check in about that. Thanks. And thanks for the website. I will check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rules is there for being with a sex offender in uk [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in the uk and I've started seeing someone now and his on the sex offenders register as he had sex with a minor now she tried to get him done for rape and was thrown out of court but still has to be on the register for having sex with a minor( she was 15 and he was 19) he has probation every...

Sex offender rules [ 2 Answers ]

Sex offender rules in North Carolina

Guidelines on a sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering, what would a sex offender have to do to be able to do a change of address?

Sex offender rules [ 10 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend is a sex offender he was 19 years old and she was 15 years old. It was back in 1997 but no one will listen to the truth he did nothing worry. But he did his time 6 years in prison. He is trying to make a better life for himself. I have been with him for 6 months and I have a little...

Sex Offender guidelines and rules [ 17 Answers ]

18 years ago my father plead guilty to the rape of a fifteen year old girl. This sex was consensual, however, a big mistake on my fathers part. The judge ordered him to six months in jail. A light sentence due to the fact, it was not rape. Just last year he was told he had to register as a sex...

View more questions Search