Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greg112374 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Can I break my lease
    Can I as a tenant break my lease and what happens if I do this is a Texas realtors lease
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Hello greg:

Well, they can sue you for the entire lease.

excon
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 6, 2007, 09:40 AM
    You will be held responsible for the monthly payments until the lease ends or the property is re-rented. Work with your landlord to find another tenant to take your place. If the landlord obtains a judgment against you, it will appear on your credit report and haunt you for a long time. Other landlords don't want people who have previously stiffed a landlord. It will lower your credit score, which in turn may cost you more for insurance and interest on credit card debt. He may garnish your wages and you will end up paying back the debt plus court costs and a fairly decent interest on the money to boot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord wants to break lease NY [ 1 Answers ]

I have been slightly behind on my rent but have been giving my landlord some every week. Last week I drew up a plan to show him how much money I could give him for the next 3 months - showing him I intend to be paid up to date by April (with the help of my tax check). He told me that he'd have to...

Can I The Landlord Break The Lease In Fl [ 4 Answers ]

I have a property in miami fl I rented it out but want to break the lease to sale All the tenates gave me was a security deposit and first month and has been paying late for the last six months what can I do

Break Lease Clause [ 7 Answers ]

Greetings - My wife is starting her own business and will be renting space above a dentist (who owns the building). He wants to lease the office space for 2 years. We are OK with doing that, however, I want to protect myself in the even the business does not work out ("Expect the Best :D ,...

Can I break the lease early [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I signed a 1year lease 3 months ago. We just broke up and I can't afford to pay the 1500 a month alone. I need to move out. I live in Florida and will move to NY with family. Is it true that in Fl you can break a lease if you move out of the state?

Can I break the lease? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in a one year lease on a house and I've decided to buy a home instead of rent. I'll be closing on the house that I'm buying at the end of this month and I have notified my landlord verbally but not in writing yet. He said that I would be stuck in the lease until it was up so I'll be paying my...

View more questions Search