Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sapphire77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Speeding Ticket in Houston
    I got a speeding ticket in Houston and would like to fight it. Please advice some useful website or advice. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Hire an attorney skilled in traffic tickets.

It will depend on how they did the ticket, radar, laser or pacing.

You can have them supply evidence that the officer was certified to use the equipment. The permits to operate radar are good for a certain number of years, and have to have retraining every so many years.
    Also the unit has to be licensed and properly tested. Radar units are tested at the start of every shift by a tunning fork test. If this is not done, the ticket is not valid.

There are dozens of things you can check, but majority of all of these are always done.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Ask for a trial by jury... sometimes the bond is exactly what the fine would have been. And sometimes the case is dismissed because the patrolman can not attend the hearing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong date written on speeding ticket! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently got pulled over and was given a speeding ticket. I was definitely speeding and did not give the officer a hastle. The date of my ticket was 11/27/06 and written on the ticket was 11/27/08. A few days later the sent me a new ticket with the date corrected. Does anyone know if my ticket...

The Lottery Ticket [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone written a personal study on this short story by Anton Chekhov:)

2 speeding tickets... need advice! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so now I have accomplished the dumbest mistake in my life time. I obviously did not learn from my first speeding ticket last week because last night I got another one. I have no clue how to go about getting my points reduced. Can anyone tell me if I should just plead not-guilty and talk to the...

Traffic Ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s

View more questions Search