Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elaineshere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 08:59 PM
    Probation Warrant for going out of State
    My son has moved to Florida to be near family and he has medical isues where the warmer weather is better for him. He was still on unsupervised probation and figured he could come to Florida. Figured June would be here soon. SOmeone ratted on him and his probation officer has contacted him and says he has to come back. If he doesen't return will they expedite him back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:14 PM

Yes that is how it works, he was on probation and could not leave the state without permission and not move without permission.

He will most likely have a warrant for his arrest at this point and time for violation of probation.

Depending on where he is at, they may come get him if they want him bad enough, they can come from any US state with no trouble at all. Or they can just not come after him but leave the warrant active ( it will never run out) and just wait for him to be caught closer.

With a warrant, he may or may not be able to renew his drivers license, it will show up on a back ground check and stop him from gettng any jobs, he will not be abel most likely to borrow any money

He made a really bad choice

He should have askd before he left. And yes, someone getting bad and turning you in, is how most people are caught.

But him returning ( after hiring an attorney in that state) and turning his self back in, is about the only right thing he can do at this point

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a warrant for probation violation and I get off probation in July [ 15 Answers ]

I had a dirty ua and didn't pay my fines so my po violated me know I have a warrant and my probation will be ending in July of this year.

Violated Probation, but a warrant hasn't been issued. [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently arrested for DUI, however I am on probation. I realize the new charge is a cause for violating my probabtion even if I feel the charge will be dismissed. I don't have a VOP warrant as of 7/11/2008. I have my very FIRST meeting with my P.O. on Monday. So my questions are after I tell...

If a have a warrant for a misdemeanor in one state and move to another state. [ 3 Answers ]

If someone has a warrant for a failure to appear for a misdemeanor and they move to another state. Will they be able to get a license in the other state? And would the previous state really extradite for a misdemeanor?

Probation voilation warrant [ 1 Answers ]

In 2001, I was arrested for a 2nd DUI offense in CA. I left CA before completing the terms of my probation (30 days or 10 days I can't remember). It has been 6 years and I want to know where I stand. A Probation Violation Warrant has been issued in CA. I believe there is no statute of limitations...

View more questions Search