Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcnate77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 06:43 AM
    ETG testing
    Dr.Bill,

Im an active 6' 5" 340 lb male who consumed 12 shots of whiskey on Friday night. I stopped around 1am. Can I pass an EtG by 4pm Monday afternoon?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 06:52 AM

Most likely no, there should still be evidence of it on Monday
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2010, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bcnate77 View Post
    Dr.Bill,

Im an active 6' 5" 340 lb male who consumed 12 shots of whiskey on friday night. I stopped around 1am. Can i pass an etg by 4pm monday afternoon?
    Doubtful. The time from last drink, a little over 60 hours places EtG clearance in the mid-50 hr range. Based on an averaging system that is insufficient time for elimination of EtG from large volume consumption.

However, some individuals produce more or less EtG for a given exposure to alcohol than others. This inter-individual variation is quantitatively enormous, as much as 20-200 fold, based on recent reviews. This can work for or against you in an individual case.

EtG tests are highly specific and sensitive but also acknowledged as unreliable. The research community largely agrees that the EtG test should not be used to independently confirm recent alcohol consumption. Industry practice however has not acknowledged the science.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Nov 11, 2010, 01:53 PM
    When did you start drinking? Add about 12 hours to that to figure out when your blood alcohol would be at 0. Also, you would need to find the cut-off level used by the lab you are using before I would attempt to answer. If you have already taken the test and received the results, how did you do? What were the levels reported by the lab?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG testing... please help [ 6 Answers ]

I am hoping that Dr. Bill will be around to answer... I had a large glass of wine Sunday evening around 8 pm, will have possible ETG on Thursday am @ 10. I have read all I can and see different things up to 80 hours and 80-120 hours, I am looking at about 84 hours am I safe and before you say...

ETG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does THC come up on an ETG test?

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does drinking lots of water, urinating often and taking vitamins help you pass an EtG test faster..

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

ETG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find accurate websites to research ETG testing?

View more questions Search