Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    em127 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 06:24 PM
    After 5 years does my record get cleared from a shoplifting felony?
    Its been 9 years and I took some lipglosses when I was 10. And I am 19 now. Please help!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 06:35 PM

If you have repaid your debt for the crime and been clean you should have been able to "seal" your juvinile records. That way its just a mistake of the past and can't be held against you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 06:50 PM

If it happened to you as a minor and was done in Juvie court, at least in the US those records seal at 18.

So if it was done when you were 10 years old, it should be sealed as a juvie record

Oct 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Well a couple days after we got a letter I'm not sure what it said but there was a fee of 108.00 and I wasn't allowed to go in to high school pharmacy for a year. And I'm going to fill out an apartment application and do I check yes or no for a felony? And do uk if I will get denied or not?

Ps ths is helping a lot thank you very much! :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 06:57 PM

So far as Im aware of you need to ask the courts to seal them otherwise they are public. Meaning you have to tell of your conviction until it is sealed. I don't believe its an automatic thing.

Oct 15, 2010, 07:00 PM
    Well I nvr had court or anything so I'm not sure. So I check no on an apartment application?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting felony [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend were shoplifting at the mall and stole about $130-$150 dollar items. Mostly stole everything but I'm involved for covering for him. How long does it take for the court date to be set? what are some fines and sentences? I have never been arrested and this is my first time bieng...

Can I travel to can my canada with a felony on my record from 16 years ago [ 1 Answers ]

Can I travel to canada for vacation with a felony on my record from 16 years ago?

Can I get My record sealed or cleared? [ 2 Answers ]

I Live In St.louis Mo And I Have Felony Conviction That Will Be Seven Years Old In December '08'. I Was Convicted Of First Degree Robbery And Armed Criminal Act The (aca) Was Dropped And I Did Five Years Probation. Can I Get My Record Cleared Or Sealed?

Shoplifting/permanent record [ 3 Answers ]

I was caught stealing from Walmart and gave Walmart security my social security number/address/phone number/drivers license numer. The police were not called. I was released and signed something saying I will never set foot into walmart again. The walmart security said something about misdemeanor....

View more questions Search