Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avajack Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Vop hearing
    :confused:Hello ALL , I am in dallas,Texas.. will someone please answer my question please? Once I tell my PO that I have been arrested,for another crime? What will she do from there? Will I go to jail that day? Will a warrant issued will I have a bond? I'm on deffered felony now
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 05:36 PM

First I hope this is the day after the arrest, because the longer you go , the worst it will be. And if you don't tell them, when ( not if) but when they find out, the most serious violation may be not telling them, ( that is a violation in and of itself.)

They may do one of several things
    1. give you a date to appear for a VOP hearing
    2. issue a warrant for you
    3. arrest you on the spot if in their office

If held, normally there is no bail till the hearing, I have heard of it in a few places but none I have ever seen

At the hearing, they may
    1. merely put you back on probation
    2. give you jail or prison time for the violation.
    *** a lot will depend on the crime you did for the violation

And of course you will have to have a trial and do the punishment for the new crime,

***** It is not unusual to be on probation for 2 or 3 different crimes at one time ( not always the same PO)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:37 PM

Hello again, a:

I DID answer your question, here. Sorry you didn't like it. But, I haven't changed my mind.

I also asked you to keep all your questions about this issue on the same thread. You ignored that too.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 06:50 PM

OK, excon was being nice, I will not be as such.

STOP starting a dozen new threads on the same or very close subjects.
    I have merged them which may now be more confusing, but you just would not listen
    *** perhaps why you are having probation issues?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation is up but didn't get arr [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation was up but didn't get arrested

What are your rights if you violate probation? [ 2 Answers ]

If someone violated probation while a home search was being done and something was found and they were arrested, do they still have to read miranda rights to them? Can they look in someone's pocketbook at the home of someone else who they are checking on if you are both on probation but the person...

Can we get probation reinstated after being voluntarily revoked [ 6 Answers ]

We live in North Carolina and my husband was given two structured boxcar sentences and then probation for a misdemeanor DWI charge. Our attorney advised to serve the time for the DWI because he would not have to serve the entire sentence, so my husband and our lawyer went back to court and revoked...

Violate of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Back in Sept, of 2006 I went in front of a judge to terminate a court order of restraining order of my boyfriend. The judge approved. The thing is, his probation officer came to the house March 28, 2007 to arrest him because now they are saying he violoated probation because there is a stay away...

Will I violate probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to see my p.o. I am going to give him a dirty test, it's my first time on probation and in trouble (GM) (embezzlement.) it's not just thc dirty either. What might I expect?

View more questions Search