Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blair19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 08:41 AM
    how do i find a job while i am on probation for a misdemeanor?
    I am on probation for two misdemeanor offenses, possession of marijuana(even though I did not have it on my person another person in the car I was in did) and underage consumption 2 weeks later(another offense that I should not be paying any price for since the police agreed to drop the charges if I went back to the same store and bought more beer without proving my age) but I did not get a lawyer and so when I went before the judge he placed me on 1 year of probation and over $2,000 in fines and $44 a week with 10 random drug tests during that time. My hardest problem now is finding a job. I just graduated high school and have only worked on my grandfather's quail farm. So no real work experience to speak of. I have gone to 2 counties of Department of Labor and a job placement firm with no successful results. What am I doing wrong and how can I get work as soon as possible so I don't go to jail for not paying these fines?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
    Hi, blair19!

Are you in the United States?

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:31 PM

Hello b:

Find a little mom and pop restaurant, and tell them you'll wash dishes. They usually don't do background checks.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 12:39 PM

Yes, lawn companies, window washing, car to truck wash places.

You buy a mower and go down the street offering to mow yards

Next dept of labor, OK, but so is 1000 other people, most likely 100 that same day ( or more)

How many stores are you going in personally and filling application out each day, at least 10, better at 15.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm on misdemeanor adult probation and I just got a misdemeanor 4 what is likely to ha [ 1 Answers ]

Im on reporting adult probation in clermont county Ohio (misdemeanor) no felonys & I just got a mis 4 so I know I'm going to get violated, what's likely to happen to me?

Can't Find Job Anywhere & Probation Fees or JAIL Time! [ 1 Answers ]

I really don't know what to do I'm on 2 different probation now!! First probation is 4 driving on a suspended license ( 4got about a seat belt ticket I had gotten like 3 years early. Sentenced 12 months probation & a $1800.00 fine plus $35 a week probation fee this is really being understanding as...

Misdemeanor probation [ 3 Answers ]

Can it always be transferred to a different state and how long does it usually take?

Misdemeanor probation [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to transfer probation from Florida to North Carolina Is it any easier to transfer misdemeanor probation than felony?? Help!?

View more questions Search