Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    culpepper1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 01:47 PM
    What happens at a court date?
    I was sued by a debt buyer and have a court date-whats next?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jun 11, 2010, 04:22 PM

You show up because if you don't the creditor will get a default judgement and then the trouble begins. Had you tried to work out a payment plan with them prior to being sued?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2010, 12:10 AM
    Hi, culpepper1!

Also, have you gotten all of your financial papers and tax returns in order and ready to show people if they ask for them?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Call I have my court date canceled and do it on a later date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date for Oct 20 for a scheduling conference for a credit card debt. I was served a summons to file an answer and I did in a timely manner then I received a Notice of Hearing that says the case is scheduled for Scheduling Conference. Can I do anything at this point. I had previously...

Has a court date! [ 5 Answers ]

My friend has no job because of her status of US. That she can't work in here. But this December her and ex-bf had a court date for the child support to waiver the child support.. u think that judge will waiver her child support because she can't work in US and ex-bf has the primary custody of the...

Court date [ 1 Answers ]

Nm

Court Date [ 1 Answers ]

If a court date has been set 9 months from today what can happen in the meantime, can it be deferred, can there be a settlement before it gets to court. Thank you

View more questions Search