Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Jun 1, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Repositioning a perm dental bridge?
    Can you reposition a perm dental bridge? Due to fact, the dentist didn't even it out to the same adjacent tooth. It is one of my front teeth the look alike. One is perm tooth and the other is a perm dental bridge. I already went back to see if he can fix it. But he just trimmed it but it still is longated and not even with the adjacent tooth to it. You can tell when you look underneath. I hate it. I really don't like this dentist anymore. I thought I was happy when they showed me how it was going to look. But I did tell them that it looks longer than the other one that it suppose to look like. I don't see how he can see that for himself. Unless he doesn't want to admit his mistake. Any suggestions on how to get this fix. If the insurance will cover for a second perm dental bridge?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 05:11 PM

It is unlikely that your insurance will pay anything. The insurance company pays only once for a procedure. You need to keep going back until he does it right. There are no dentists here but if there were they'd likely tell you the same thing. Go back and complain
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 05:29 PM
    I'm guess int was definitely a problem once the dentist put the cement in the bridge to place it. You said it looked good when the assistant showed it to you. Did she show it to you in your mouth?
    You should put your complaint in writing with as much detail as possible and request a full refund or replacement at no cost to you. Send it to the dentist or take it in personally. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself. If you don't get any satisfaction from your dentist forward a copy of the letter with an explanation to the dental licensing board in your state and file an official complaint.
    tiny4me76 Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Jun 2, 2010, 05:58 AM

Yes, she put it in my mouth to get a better look at it. It looked really really good. Just as good as the lady who did the temp bridge. I just don't understand. I dental asst does a better job on a bridge than a regular dentist.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 05:14 PM
    When the assistant put it in your mouth to take a look at it there was no cement in it or she wouldn't have been able to take it out again. Something went wrong during the cementation of the crown.
    karron10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 01:19 PM
    I think it can be done but you should just make sure you try to find a good dentist that will be willing to do the procedure without big costs. Check this resource for further directions, it's a <a href="http://www.maneladental.com">dentist Tucson</a> resource and you'll find valuable information, I hope that will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental Bridge question. [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently got my perm dental bridge put in. It's along my front top teeth. Well I noticed that one of the tooth is slightly longer than my perm front tooth is. It seems like the bridge is slightly crooked as well. I was wondering can the dentist can readjust this & even out the perm...

Repositioning of drain for basement shower [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 questions: 1. I am remodeling my basement bathroom and plan to tile the shower area. I previously had a fiberglass shower stall with a step leading into the shower. My plan was to eliminate the step and after removing the fiberglass shower found that the drain coming out of the floor is...

Dental work inexpensive at Dental Schools? [ 1 Answers ]

In the Raleigh-Cary area, do any of the Dental Schools offer inexpensive routine care for seniors on a tight budget? Thank you, Bob

Advise on repositioning a basement toilet drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of finishing my basement and unfortunately the toilet drain that was roughed in previously is approximately 18” from the wall. I need to either reposition the drain or find a toilet that has an 18” rough in. In talking to a few builders they suggested repositioning...

Repositioning cruises [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that a repositioning cruise from Asia to North America takes place annually sometime after the first of the year, but I have been unable to find out anything about it. I am in SE Asia and the travel agents here do little more than sell airline tickets so they are of no help. I would...

View more questions Search