Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jim Llinet Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Grand Theft Auto
    My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand theft auto... Can anyone tell me what are the maximum penalties for both of these charges? Thasnk you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Hello Jim:

It's not quite as simple as that.

Most likely, the charges he is being held on in Georgia, are simply to keep him locked up until he can be sent back to Ky.

Once in Ky, if convicted (and I wouldn't be throwing him to the wolves so quickly), much about his sentence will have to do with many, many factors, such as his age, his record, his lawyer, his family support, his community support, his education, how much money he has, the influence of his family, his color, his reputation, his intelligence, his religion, the judge, the prosecutor, the town feelings, and even more.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Law: Grand theft auto [ 9 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

Is not paying car loan considered grand theft? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My best friend is going through a really rough time right now. She is bipolar and is making terrible decisions with her life. We have tried everything but nothing gets through to her. She is already in consumer credit counseling and has a part time job and is homeless (living out of her...

92 Grand Marquis [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the battery terminals on our Grand Marquis and now it won't turn over and the battery is good. The positive cable had a small red wire that went to the solenoid and down to the starter. I have cleaned everything and still nothing. The lights come on and the radio but it won't turn over....

Grand Slam [ 1 Answers ]

Long long back, may be in 1979 I have seen a movie. The name told to me was "GRAND SLAM" (Action/Thriller). I was unable to watch it completely. It was a movie based on a big robbery. I am not sure who were the Actors and who directed it but I would like see it. It is only a curiosity to see the...

97 Grand Voyager [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know where to locate the trailer wiring harness on a 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager ?

View more questions Search