Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gena9954 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Can I get off probation even though I still have court cost fines
    Hi I have paid all my probation fines and I'm almost done with my community service... I still have court fines but can I still get off probation even if I have coyrt finrs... also I have a payment plan set up with the court fines... if I can get off probation because of my court fines will they violate me...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 01:37 PM

Normally no they will not let you off probation till all of the fines are paid.

If you don't pay the fines, they can violate you

Mar 7, 2010, 08:19 PM

OK I understand that but if I have a payment plan set up for the court costs will tha effect probation... because I want be done with my payments by the time my probation end
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 08:59 PM

If you have an accepted plan ( not just something you came up with) but something the court has accepeted, then you will not be violated for being late paying,

But probation willl normally last though the time of your payments

Mar 7, 2010, 09:57 PM

Yes I do acutually have a payment plan of $21.75 a month.. thank u so much for u information makes me feel a bit less worried
    ryanmiller1 Posts: 18, Reputation: -3
    -

Mar 13, 2010, 12:10 AM
    U can't afford a little more then 21.75$ a month? That's less then 5.50 a week. Maybe stay 15 minutes late every other day at work... or spend a little smarter? Try to pay like 30 - 40 $ a month, so that you can have it paid off earlier. It can only help your chances
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gena9954 View Post
    hi i have paid all my probation fines and im almost done with my comunity service.....i still have court fines but can i still get off probation even if i have coyrt finrs...also i have a payment plan set up with the court fines.....if i can get off probation because of my court fines will they violate me....
    You need to complete your community service. You need to complete your fines and have it paid in full. If you do not complete your fines the Court may violate your probation. You cannot get off early owing anything. If you are having a hard time with your completion of your fines you may wish to speak to your PO about possibly extending your probation time so that you can pay your fines off and NOT be violated. You need to also complete at least 1/2 or 3/4 of your probation time as well before even asking for early termination.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmiller1 View Post
    u can't afford a little more then 21.75$ a month? thats less then 5.50 a week. maybe stay 15 minutes late every other day at work... or spend a little smarter? try to pay like 30 - 40 $ a month, so that you can have it paid off earlier. it can only help your chances

Actually it's $4.94 a week (21.75$?)
    ryanmiller1 Posts: 18, Reputation: -3
    -

Mar 13, 2010, 01:07 PM

Actually its 5.4375
    (21.75/4) either way its less then 5.50 a week,

I would personally be very embarrassed if I could not afford more then 5.50$ a week in extra income.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmiller1 View Post
    actually its 5.4375
    (21.75/4) either way its less then 5.50 a week,

i would personally be very embarrassed if i could not afford more then 5.50$ a week in extra income.

"Actually" the Courts figure 4.4 weeks per month - it's not 5.4375 a week.

It's what I said and that's why I said it.
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 03:01 PM

While of course 5.50 a week or what ever it was, is not a lot, you don't know their situation. I have church members who are on SSI and make less than 600 dollars a month to pay all of their living costs, I am not sure how they eat. So 20 dollars or so a month is a lot depending on what you make
    Leigh1215 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
    I agree, it really doesn't matter what the girl is paying as long as she is paying and trying. That's all that matters, it's not nice to judge somebody. And to answer your question. YES!! It is a possibility that you could be released from probation still owing fines. It just depends on what district your in. Some districts allow you to be released still owing fines and some don't. So it really just depends. All you have to do is talk to someone in that district or you PO and find out if they do allow you to be released paying fines. No you will not be violated if you have a payment plan and your paying on it. Probation officers aren't always out to get you. As long as your doing what's expected of you, then you should be fine. The amount your paying has nothing to do with it. Just if or when you get extra money, put everything you can toward your fines so you can get it paid off and get of probation and get on with your life.
    Leigh1215 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 07:37 AM
    Ok, honestly it doesn't matter what the girl is paying. At least she is trying and that's all that matters. You sholdn't judge other people, at least she is making an effort! Now to answer you question, YES!! You can be released from probation still owing fines. It just depends on the district your in. Some districts allow you to be released still owing fines and some don't. All you have to do is contact your district or ask your PO if the district your in allows you to be released while still owing fines. No, you probably will NOT be violated if you have a payment plan and your paying on it. Most probation officers want to see you succeed so as long as your doing what's expected of you they shouldn't violate you. It doesn't really matter what your paying on your fines as long as the courts agree with it and your paying then you should be OK. If or when you get any extra money just put it toward your fines so you can get it paid off, and get released from probation as soon as possible. Make sure you contact your PO or the county your charges are in and check to see if they'll allow release, while still owing fines. I know this is true because I still owe fines and I just got released! So just check on it OK! Hope this helps.
    kykybc14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 12:17 PM
    Must be different in different states... I live in cali and I still owe fines but I just got off probation too... everyone I know up here that got off probation still owed fines also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son needs help with court fines. [ 2 Answers ]

My son, recently married and a new father ( and step father to two children) has made some really BAD financial decisions. He was in trouble with the law in his younger days, spent time in work release, and when he was released, he still owed huge court fines. He got married to a girl that had two...

Violation of probation fines [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation since 2003 for 2 charges in 2 different counties felony theft and felony drug the drug charge was transferred to the county I live in along with the theft charge, I received 5 yrs each charge,there running concurrent, 1 chrge I had a $6000 fine and the other was $2500 the...

How do I find my court fines that I owe [ 1 Answers ]

I want to join the army but need to find and sort out court fines any help I'm in the UK

Appearance in Court for Fines.Will I go down? [ 1 Answers ]

Today I have to appear before a judge for fines. It was a court date given to me from the judge in case I was not able to pay the fines in Full by this date. I have made payment, but not in full. Will I be sentence to jail time? Or is this just a day to ask for an extension?

Overpaid resittution money did not go to court fines [ 2 Answers ]

I overpaid restitution by a couple of grand. Probation officer did not allocate funds to go to court fines. Filed a motion to lien fines, but judge let me off probation saying "enough is enough" but neglected to rule on motion to lien fines. Recently received a collection letter from the courts,...

View more questions Search