Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raguilar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 11:41 AM
    I have finished my probation why can't I get a job?
    I had one year of probation. I went to court and was told that I had completed the year. I was given a paper stating that. However when I go and apply for a job no one seems to want to hire me. Do I need to hire an attorney to get this off my record?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 11:46 AM

What sort of jobs are you applying for? (Working as a checkout clerk and with money might not be possible if your offense involved theft, for instance.)
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 28, 2010, 02:53 AM

Also the average joe is having a hard time getting a job right now
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 03:34 PM

In the US, you can't just get it off your record, at least for 8 years or so.

But it is very hard right now for someone with experience and a clear record.

So what type of job were you doing before
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Hi, raguilar!

What was the crime that you committed, please?

Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 04:06 PM
    The economy is terrible right now. Even the college educated person with a squeaky clean record is having a hard time finding a job. It's just going to be harder for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon technically finished probation go to Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a felon who is just now finishing my supervised probation. I was told by the p.o. that once I was on unsupervised, I could go to any country for vacation without notice. I will get my notification in the mail, but I will not need it to travel. I already have my passport, it was not revoked or...

Healthcare professional on probation looking for job [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Certified Nurse's Aide, few months ago I was charged with assault and battery to a police officer, disorderly conduct and resist arrest. I was placed on probation for six months. Now, I can't find a job, any kind of job! I've tried retails, manufacturers even private duty they all run a...

How to tell a job about felony probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was hired for a job about 5 months ago. About 2 months ago I was arrested for somethng that an attorney could get me out of but I had to take a public defender.. How do I tell my employee? :o :( :confused:

Can a job fire you for any reason while on probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I work at a job that discrimination takes place. I have been working there since may, but my probation is not up till November. It's like if you are not from there area or tell them all your business they will find a way to drag your name through the mud. I am running around there busting my...

Probation and a job [ 2 Answers ]

An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!

View more questions Search