Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EChaphe Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Probation Violation
    I am a probation violator in the State of Virginia... Will my probation officer look out of state for me if he has a brother or sister address... I have a lot of time over my head but non violent charges.. What will they more than likely do when it comes to looking for me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Depends on how busy the PO is and how badly they want you. In the meantime, you have to be squeaky clean. Not a parking ticket, don't get caught littering anything. Because once you get into the system where you ran to, they will find out about the violated probation. So if you want to live looking over your shoulder constantly, then keep on the run.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Hello EC:

I don't know. They might. You never know about them. I guess that's why they're cops and we're convicts...

But, more'n likely they'll wait for you to get stopped for a tail light or something dumb. Even if you make it 25 years, they'll catch you.

Ok, let me change that up. THEY won't catch you. You'll catch yourself.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 05:24 PM
    What they do is put a warrant out for you, the may alert the city police in the towns where your relations live, so if it is a large city like Chiago, or Atlanta, most likely nothing happens, if it is a town of 3000 like elk horn Ms or something, the city police have litle else to do.

But as mentioned, at a drivers license check point, or at a DUI check point, or if you are speeding, they will get you since the warrat never expires.

Nov 22, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Thanks For the reesponses... Itsd a city but a step down from boston, say!! Eh?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 AM
    If they have any information on where to find you, don't risk running away. What did you do to violate your probation?

Nov 22, 2006, 07:47 AM
    I got summons for driving under suspended (1st), Possession of Marijuana (4th), Couple driving infractions... Now an FTA is out for that... Then I am an ex con with 15 years supervised prob... 60 years over head... in 2 counties and 4 courts... non violent charges with an a & b on a cop... Served 2 years got out 3 1/2 months ago!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EChaphe
    ...non violent charges with an a & b on a cop....Served 2 years got out 3 1/2 months ago!!!
    Hello again, EC:

You're in a world of hurt.

I thought about yelling at you for screwing up, not 10 minutes after you got out. But, I'm not going to. You've got enough troubles without me telling you what you already know. ALL these events were predictable.

In my first response, I said things like, I don't know - they probably won't look for you, etc. I said all that based upon your statement that your offenses were non-violent. They're not.

Amongst your non-violent stuff, is a conviction for an assault on a cop. That's not non-violent. And, that's the one their going to home in on. They love to chase guys who they think went after them. What?? You don't know that?? On the warrant, they will describe you as armed and dangerous, whether you are or not. That means when a cop stops you, even for a broken taillight, he might shoot you.

Even if they don't kill you, they'll for sure put you away for 5 maybe 6 more years on the violation, and some more on new offenses. But, if you go back now, you'll do, I don't know, 12 - 18 months, maybe less.

However, if you're going to do the same thing again, 10 minutes after you get out the next time, then you might as well just keep on trucking now.

excon

Nov 23, 2006, 11:41 AM
    OK... But that violent charge is a charge that I have already served time for and on probation for now... They still consider me armed and dangerous over charges like that?
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 05:53 PM
    If you get caught ( which you will ) you're going back to jail for a long time.you have no one to blame but yourself.
    wolfman1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EChaphe
    I am a probation violator in the State of Virginia... Will my probation officer look out of state for me if he has a brother or sister address... I have a lot of time over my head but non violent charges..What will they more than likely do when it comes to looking for me?
    I am on Federal Probation In Pa. And at one time I was on Probation for a state.. when you are pulled over for any reason by law enforcement they run what they called an NCIS.
    That is a computer based check on all warrents, state and federal.. when you signed your paperwork for probation you also agreed not to fight extradtion with the states. So you are screwed if you get caught best advise is to turn yourself in after you get a lawyer..
    Good luck..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

View more questions Search