Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boocat1962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Shoplifting does it hurt on background check
    I was arrested for shoplifting in 2004, I am looking for a job and want to know in a background check if this will hurt me. I paid the fine and appeared in court
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 07:20 AM
    If you were convicted it will show up on a background check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting and background check [ 13 Answers ]

I got caught shoplifting at Macy's in Georgia yesterday. It was under $100 and hence a misdeamenour. It was my first time and I am totally devastated and ashamed of myself. I wasn't arrested but I was told to pay a fine of $150 to Macy's, and a cop was called to the scene who gave me a citation to...

Will a military background check show up on a civilian criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Will a military background check show up on a civilian background check?

Will a judgment hurt my background check? [ 1 Answers ]

Will a judgment hurt my background check?

Shoplifting and background checks [ 5 Answers ]

My son was 17 when he was picked up for shoplifting in a major chain retail store. No police were involved. They called me to pick him up and we paid restitution to the company. Now he is 18, graduated from High School and looking for a job... for the past 4 months. The problem?. EVERY single...

Employment background checks, shoplifting 10 yrs ago [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested for shoplifting over 10 years ago... does anyone know how long this stays on record (calif)? I'm trying to find employment but worried this may still be haunting me.

View more questions Search