Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuch1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Trucking companies hiring misdemeanors
    I am a recent graduate from a cdl school. The school said I would not have any problems with my background though since I have been looking for a career I am seeing differently. My background is 1996 sale or furnishing alcohol to minors- misdemeanor, was a fine. 1996 theft by unlawful taking and theft by deception dual misdemeanors, house arrest 4 months. And 2003 theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property - on my record there is no misdemeanor or felony mentioned though it was a misdemeanor, 6 months house arrest. My question is does anyone know of any companies that will hire me to drive? By the way my work history is immaculant and all my employers will verify my excellent work ethic and never or rarely missing work, only about 5 days in 9 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 06:34 PM

Well first you may or may not have a trouble with one criminal issue, but you have a serious that shows a series of arrests, and others may consider if those are the ones you got found, how many were there that you did not get caught and why of course can they tell you are still not doing these things.

That is what they are looking for.

After that of course the economy is bad, so very bad and trucking is way down.. There are many truckers with years of experience and no criminal record can't find jobs right now.

So if you were the person hiring and there were 100 applications, who would you weed out first ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking companies hiring student drivers with a felony [ 12 Answers ]

I just passed a 10 week truck driving school, and I need to know what companies hiring felons? I would like to have a list of the trucking companies that do hire student drivers with a felony?

Trucking Companies for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck...

Trucking Companies [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has any information on the Lease program and/or the training school of C R England.

Looking for trucking companies hiring someone with felony [ 4 Answers ]

Unfortunately I have several felonies and I am trying to find a job in the trucking industry! Will anybody's website direct me straight to a list of trucking companies that will hire me, instead of directing me to a bunch of their sponser's advertisements?

Finding trucking jobs when you don't live in there hiring area [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,I was recently laid off from my job. I am trying to land a job as a truck driver with no success. It seems that everyone I contact is not hiring in my area.I live in Florida. My question is. Is it possible to live in one place and get hired by a trucking comp. hiring in another place? For...

View more questions Search