Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessf69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Second offense
    Hi. I was charged with theft by taking a motor vehicle and contributing to a delinquency of a minor last year. I was sentenced to 3 yrs probation under the first offenders act. A few days a go I was arrested for theft by shoplifting $1601.93 worth of merchandise, and cont. to delinquency of a minor. What should I do, Am I going to serve time?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Hello jess:

Are you going to serve time? I don't know, but it ain't looking good. Hire a lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 05:10 PM
    I would agree, it does not look good, and why is there always a minor with you when you are doing these things?

I would say you can expect to serve some time, but heck in today's world, prison over crowding, liberal judges, it is past election time and get tough on crime, you never know what to expect.

But hire the best attorney you can, and try to learn a lesson about criminal behavior

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000, second offense [ 3 Answers ]

Three years ago, I got caught shoplifting a package of beef jerky. I was charged with theft under 5000. It was my first offense, and with a lawyer's help, successfully pleaded not guilty. I have no criminal record currently. I had to attend an anti-shoplifting seminar, write a report on it, as...

View more questions Search