Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortgagemark Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Being a friend to the Victim with a no contact order
    MT "freind" is being charged with a serious domestic violence charge and the person who is the victim is living with me and my family, the offense was typical of many DV cases in that these two have been in a relationship for some time and they got drunk and got into a fight , nothing to this degree has ever happened between the two of them but regardless the State is looking at this like this guy as a danger to his girl friend and they are both trying to talk to each other using our phone in our home, we took this woman in because she had no place to go and we see a night mare happening before us, we don't want them talking and if they do have contact and we allow it using our phone I want to know if we can be charged with something if they get caught, we have no intention of letting them have contact but I want to show these two people how serious this is, can some one shed some light on this for two not so bright people.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:32 PM

What state so we can give you the right law for your state

Aug 17, 2009, 09:45 PM
    [It is in the state of Oregon
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:58 PM

I found this I don't know how much it helps but it is the most thourough site I could find

Enforcement of Protective Orders, Legal Series Bulletin #4

Aug 17, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I found this I don't know how much it helps but it is the most thourough site I could find

Enforcement of Protective Orders, Legal Series Bulletin #4
    Thanks man, I appreciate it, I think what you sent is more based on the guy who committed the actual crime but it was still helpful because it gave me insight on what happens to him if he violates, I just can't believe how much my wife and I stick our neck out to help people and they turn around spit in our face basically, anyway, thanks for your help . mortgagemark
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:18 PM

Yeah it is all I could find but hopefully somebody here will be able to give you more information.

I think I would tell her that if she is going to be in contact with him that she needs to leave
    Your house your rules.
    Then if she doesn't comply evict her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of a Judiscal No Contact Order [ 15 Answers ]

Last year my husband won full custody of my two stepkids, due to the nature of what's been happening on their mom's house it is clearly stated on the custody decree that my stepkids are in no contact with their stepdad. We thought my husband's ex-wife is smart enough to follow what's been ordered...

Order of protection against me, no contact with kids [ 10 Answers ]

My wife has served me an order of protection. It says no contact with children. The order runs from 5/19/08 to 10/2/08, that's 6 months. It runs pass my little girls graduation and her first day of middle school. How can I get the judge to one let me attain both events. Or go to court before...

No contact order [ 3 Answers ]

How do we go about lifting a no contact order. The so called victim wants to see our grandson now. Actually, they already seen each other and the parents are approving. Our grandson is 19 and has a criminal case on him with this no contact as part of it. The girl is 20.

Order of protection in place but still in contact [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I had to get and order of protection against my soon to be Ex husband, (long story short he pulled a knife on me in front of family and our kids, threatening to gut me like a fish) Well we went to court it was granted and th judge gave me full Custody of our two kids, which meant no...

View more questions Search