Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gneissgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Healthcare professional on probation looking for job
    I'm a Certified Nurse's Aide, few months ago I was charged with assault and battery to a police officer, disorderly conduct and resist arrest. I was placed on probation for six months. Now, I can't find a job, any kind of job! I've tried retails, manufacturers even private duty they all run a background check I'm getting desperate. What can I do? My probation will end on 8/2009. I can't wait 'till then I'm running out of money.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

Hi, gneissgirl!

It may be a number of years before you'll be able to get a job that you really want. In Illinois, there is a waiver program that allows people who've had convictions to work in certain health care professions. But, a certain amount of time since a conviction has to have elapsed since the conviction and also other conditions must be met.

Around here and in the Chicago, IL area, there is the Safer Foundation. They help people with convictions to find jobs.

Perhaps there might be similar programs around where you are?

Another thing that might help you, is to be as honest and open as possible on applications and when interviewing for positions. I would also recommend including a letter with job applications stating how remorseful you are for what you did and the empathy that you have for whoever suffered because of what you did.

I've never seen it where a person was not allowed to include some kind of letter with an application.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthcare Law [ 5 Answers ]

Does a patient have the legal right to view their chart while in the hospital if they request it? Thanks in advance.

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

No Healthcare? [ 54 Answers ]

What percentage of Americans are without healthcare?

Universal Healthcare? [ 1 Answers ]

I posted this here because it effects us all and is a big election issue. While the current US healthcare system is far from perfect, is Universal Healthcare the answer? BBC NEWS | Health | UK 'has worst cancer record' Pacific Research Institute • Publications • Michael Moore...

View more questions Search