Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avery11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Expunged felony
    I was released from prison February 15th of 2008 for forgery what address or what steps do I take to try to get it expunged its my only felony. Need to know if it's a waste of time for me to do it so quick.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by avery11 View Post
    Need to know if its a waste of time for me to do it so quick.
    Hello a:

If your state has provisions for expungement, I'll bet the law requires a fairly lengthy period of criminal free conduct before one is granted.

I'd wait as long as the law says you should.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:57 PM

If your state allows an expungement of felonies you have to wait at least 9-10 years until you can even be considered for an expungement. You cannot be convicted of anything else prior or subsequent to your felony. Also even with an attorney handling this for you the wait can be sometimes 9 months to get the judge to sign the order so I hope you are not in any huge hurry right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony? [ 17 Answers ]

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony

Juvenile 5th degree drug felony, expunged, will it show up in an FBI check? [ 10 Answers ]

In 2002 I was "convicted" of a fifth degree felony for aggravated drug abuse. I was a juvenile at the time and have since had my records expunged. I am now applying for a bank job that requires FBI fingerprint checks. I did have my fingerprints sent to the FBI right before my trial all those years...

Is my expunged record really expunged? [ 3 Answers ]

I did a diversion program when I was 18 for being caught with alcohol. I was ticketed, which technically an arrest, but I didn't go to jail, and there was no finger-prints, etc. I didn't even go to court. My name was called but instructions said to skip the day if you want to do this program. I...

Getting felony expunged [ 4 Answers ]

My felony will be getting expunged once I get off probation (6 months after probation to be exact) in about a year now. I'm stuck doing labor work now but I would like to be a fireman. I'm thinking they won't except me with a felony on my record so how long should I wait until I even apply? My...

Expunged felony [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to disclose a felony that occurred 22 years ago (Felony DUI) and was expunged 6 months ago for a license in the banking or Insurance industry?

View more questions Search