Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GaryArt Posts: 43, Reputation: 12

Sep 1, 2006, 10:23 PM
    Whatever Happened to...
    There was a shortlived series called What Really Happened to the Class of '65? which aired in 1977 or 1978. One episode concerns a charcter named (I think I rember this) Cindy Kaye, who was an aspiring singer. In the show, she sang a really beautiful song called "I Need You in My Plans".

Does anyone know where I could find something about this song - writer? Lyricist? Artists? Recordings? Anything at all - even a clue where to start would be helpful. Thanks.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Sep 2, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Hi Gary,
    All I could come up with is:

Title: I Need You In My Plan
    Writers: Myrna Smith and Donnie S. Weaver
    Publisher: BMI

No info to be found on Donnie Weaver, but apparently, Myrna Smith was among other things a member of Elvis' backing band. The time frame of much of her work does coincide with the year(s) of the show, '77-'78.

Here are a few links on Myrna Smith:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/inte...na_smith.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrna_Smith

Here is some info on the show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075600/
    http://www.jumptheshark.com/w/classof65.htm
    http://www.tv.com/what-really-happen...5/summary.html

That should get you started anyhow. Hope this helps. :)
    GaryArt Posts: 43, Reputation: 12

Sep 2, 2006, 08:38 AM
    You are the best. What you gave me should be more than sufficient for me track down my song now. Just one thing, though... where've you been sine 1977?. cause this has been driving me nuts for almost 30 years! Thanks a million!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Sep 2, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Hi Gary,
    You're very welcome. Been mostly living around New England. I'm afraid I don't remember this show, as I would have been 7 years old at the time. I was still watching Saturday morning cartoons and reruns of Kung Fu. :) Thankfully I learned to use a computer well by the age of 11, and have scarcely been off one since.
    Here is the catalog info from BMI, if you need it:

I NEED YOU IN MY PLAN BMI Work #672083
    Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #
    SMITH MYRNA NA 0
    WEAVER DONNIE S BMI 76035188
    Publishers
    SONGS OF UNIVERSAL INC (DUCHES BMI 353271280

I'm very glad I was able to help. Thanks again. Take care. :)
    GigiWR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Wow Gary, I hope you get this message. It looks like it has been a while since you have been on this site. My father is the co-writer of this song(Donnie Weaver). You are right it was a great song! He and Myrna Smith met on an airplane and wrote this song together. The show came out when I was 10 years old. We were living in Raleigh, NC when it aired. I would love to see that episode again. My dad also was the lead singer of the song, I'm a Girl Watcher. I'm not sure if you remember that one. Anyway, my name is Ginger Weaver Robles (Gigi). You can find me on FB or email me at [email protected]. I would love to know if you got a copy of it. In fact I don't even think I have one, from the show anyway... I remember the lyrics though... Walking in the rain, seeking dreams I might not change... the sun goes down before I rise... and moonlight wears a strange disguise... stay with me and be my love... I need you in my plan. I think that might be right, maybe a few mistakes, it's been a while since I've heard it. Thank you. I hope to hear from you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happened to my periods? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what types of things besides pregnancy and stress would stop a period. I'm not asking for things that are problem specific, just anything would be great!!

What happened to the sex drive [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my husband since I was 15 and he was my first. When we first started having sex everything was great and I was always in the mood. Ever since I had my first child I haven't been able to get in the mood and it has just about disappeared since my second child. We have tried...

Not sure what happened [ 21 Answers ]

I was to met a friend of mine out on Wed night to work on some stuff for him on my laptop. I smoke and he doesn't so I asked him to get us a table while I stayed outside to smoke. After a couple of minutes he came back out and said that he wanted to just go home and do the work some other time. ...

What happened? [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I met someone while holidaying... we became friends but what I feel for him is something much more than that. I want to know whether he felt what I did. Is there an outcome to this? What's in my future?

View more questions Search