Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenitorico Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Registered sex offender
    As a landlord in the state of Pennsylvania, do I have any obligations if I have a registered sex offender living in my building? I just found this out today. He is not a tenant.. . But his mother is and I've allowed him to temporarily move into her apartment with her. He is 43 years old. I believe the offense was in 1988.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kenitorico View Post
    As a landlord in the state of Pennsylvania, do I have any obligations if I have a registered sex offender living in my building? I just found this out today. He is not a tenant . . . but his mother is and I've allowed him to temporarily move into her apartment with her. He is 43 years old. I believe the offense was in 1988.

Legal responsibility, no. HE has the responsibility (depending on his level) not to live within a certain distance from schools, stay away from children and so forth. You as the landlord have no responsbility.

I would keep in mind that if the neighbors find out you are very liable to hear about it from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find out if someone is a registered sex offender [ 20 Answers ]

How do you find out if someone is a registered sex offender in Oregon?

Registered voters in us [ 1 Answers ]

How many registeted voters are in us

Registered Nurse [ 10 Answers ]

How long does it take to be a registered nurse through a community college? What are the average starting wages for a RN? How much do they usually make a month or an hour? Thanks

Registered Sex offender [ 3 Answers ]

I just registered on this site today, although I have been reading posts on it for years, seems as though every time I type a question into Google the first link that pops up is this website and usually a guy named excon is answering. Years ago I got screwed by an ex fiancé, an over zealous DA,...

View more questions Search