Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Parole for 9 years
    Can someone be on parole for 9 years without having served any jail/prison time for trafikking?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2 View Post
    Can someone be on parole for 9 years without having served any jail/prison time for trafikking?

Do you mean probation?

Parole follows jail time - so, no, it's not possible.

Jan 9, 2009, 07:10 AM

No, parole. Its surprised me too, that's why I'm asking.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 07:45 AM

Here's the legal explanation. It is not possible to be on parole if you've never been in jail. Do you believe the person who is giving you this information?

"Probation is a sentence ordered by a judge, usually instead of, but sometimes in addition to, serving time in jail. It allows the convicted person to live in the community for a specified period of time, sometimes under the supervision of a probation officer, depending on the circumstances and the seriousness of the crime.

Parole is the conditional release of a prison inmate after serving part (if not all) of his or her sentence, allowing the inmate to live in the community under supervision of the parole period. The decision to grant parole is the responsibility, in a majority of states, of a board of parole or commission. Violation of the conditions of parole result in revocation and re-imprisonment.

Pardon means that the individual is fully forgiven from all the legal consequences of his crime and his conviction, and is granted by the governor of the state where the person is imprisoned or where his case arises, or by the President of the United States. "

What is the difference between probation, parole, and pardon?

Jan 9, 2009, 08:31 AM

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting off parole [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any chance of getting off parole early? I have been on parole for multiple (3) DWI offences since getting out in 2004 after serving 2 years in prison. What are the chances of being dismissed before my 2009 date? I have had no violations and have been clean since that time. This is in...

Parole DUI [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I'm on parole so the judge no longer has jurisdiction. I'm just wondering if it's up to my PO whether to violate me or not

Parole DUI [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on parole for over two years. My sentence is scheduled to end in 2011. I got a misdemeanor DUI on 10/21. Is it up to my PO's discretion to send me to jail or is she simply obligated to do so?

Parole Violation? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is currently incarcerated in Ohio. In August of 2007, he was sentenced to one year, a Felony 3 for domestic violence. He was recently released in March of 08 on PRC. He wanted to move to Georgia and his PO wouldn't put in the paperwork for an interstate-compact (?), so he left...

Life on Parole [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Im totally new at this so here goes my story: My boyfriend is currently being held at County Jail for a drug charge, he most likely will be let out on parole because he has already served enough time and then some so they can't send him to state and they don't want to submit him into a...

View more questions Search