Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    legal matters Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Felony possession of a firearm
    If someone is charged with Felony of an fireaem and given the max. sentence of 15 years and a min. of 13 years. Do they always have to pull the entire sentence given if the firearm its self was not used in a crime. The firearm was in his possession 2 min. This person has been incarcerated 6 years and is deaf and is an insulin dependent diabetic. This person has been in lock down most of this time for his own protection. This sounds inhumane to me. Please help.
    payasa14 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:35 PM

Since he is already a felon he's not even suppose to have a gun so he automatically gets charged with possession of a firearm. He could get good time and shorten his time. There wasn't a plead bargin for him?
    legal matters Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by payasa14 View Post
    Since he is already a felon hes not even suppose to have a gun so he automaticly gets charged with possession of a firearm. He could get good time and shorten his time. There wasnt a plead bargin for him?
    He was not given a plea bargain. The judge told us it carried a mnatory 15 year sentence. He broke into a house and took this gun but was stopped outside the house where he told the policeman that he was deaf and that he had the gun. Shook the gun out of his jeans and stood back away from the gun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Probation Violation with a firearm [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend has 2 counts of simple assault and 2 counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He was currantly caught with a possion of a firearm but was not a threat with it to a human being, he was using it for small game hunting and has his hunting license. He was also turned into his PO for...

Anyone Know about DUI, DWI, or possession in NY [ 3 Answers ]

My dad is in NY I am in another state, I am looking for some guidance. He Has been arrested for the fourth time on DWI this morning. The last time he did a year upstate, and had porole/probation for another year, and that was almost a two years ago. This morning they found cocain in the car he...

Possession [ 5 Answers ]

On probation for possession , then caught again now out on bond for possession, totaled car over the weekend, cops did search charged with possession and drug perephanelia. It is in Texas, Austin County and Montgomery County, one time they came to the apartment on an annonymos tip and did a bust...

View more questions Search