Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bernall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Sex Offenders
    I have just found out that one of the fathers of my son's classmate is a registered sex offender. This is a private school, and the school knew this information before they admitted the kids into the school. I believe that ALL the parents in the school have the right to know about the offender. Does the school have to notify parents, it really bothers me to see him at the school.

THan ks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 08:49 PM

If he is a sex offender he is not allowed within so many feet of the school.
    He should also be on Megans website as a registered sex offender

If he is going to the school and he is not registered then that is two violations.
    Are you sure he is registered for sure?

http://meganslaw.org/

http://www.familywatchdog.us/
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 09:02 PM

I agree with nohelp4u. Because this is such a serious charge you better be positive before you go spouting off. And if it is true then you need to address this with the principle of the school or head master or owner and find out what policy really is in such cases.

If he's on the list the police need to be told of what's going on. He shouldn't be there.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 09:11 PM

Also I know sex offenders who were never charged therefore they are not registered since they were never convicted of anything.
    So if he has never been through the system he is not going to be registered since he was never charged. People get the terms confused and exaggerated so as calidad said be careful before you go making accusations.
    Also not all sex offenders are pedophiles so it might help to know
    If he is an actual pedophile but that may be confidential I don't know if they can tell you his charges. I never really studied too much on the sex offender stuff
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 11:18 PM
    The laws will vary from place to place concerning sex offenders.

Best not to be judging, assuming and coming to rash conclusions and decisions before knowing all of the facts as well as the laws. It could very well be that the person in question has permission from the Administrator/Principal of the school to be there and this could very well be acceptable depending on the laws that are in effect in the locality.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 04:07 AM

I am sure pedophiles are not allowed within so many feet of any school or park nationwide in the USA because it is stated on nationwide TV like American's Most Wanted. If he is a registered sex offender either the school isn't aware of the law or they are 'making exceptions'. But definitely find out the issues before making an issue.
    Like I know sex offenders who would never touch children, but have the label because of a minor mistake they made once.
    Then if he hasn't been charged, convicted and doesn't have to be registered but IS a pedophile there isn't much you can do about him legally so your concerns would go pretty much nowhere.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 09:57 AM

Just being a sex offender doesn't mean that he's a pedophile. I would find out what he got convicted for before telling everyone else that he's an offender.

I know someone who was wrongfully accused and convicted of molesting his stepbrother; he's registered but I don't consider him to be a sex offender because I know he didn't do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 10:11 AM

Yes, he may have been 19 and had sex with a 16 year old and will be a sex offender the rest of his life. You don't know. Plus if he is living at home with his own child, with permission, he may have permission to do certain activities, with permission

But no the school has no obligation to tell the other parents, in fact, they may not even be allowed to give this information out if it was given in private to the school.

Can you image the harm to the child going to school when all the parents and kids start making fun of him
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Dec 18, 2008, 11:15 AM

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the knowledge of these members on here.

I know someone that is a registered sex offender and it's not even close to what you would think.. It's absoultly appaling that they give these people the same titile that they give a pedaphille.. the system is soooo screwed up

So, please don't cause a wave about this.. his poor child willl have to suffer the consequences..

Do some dang research before you make accusations.
    mommy of a girl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 03:20 PM

I think that you should check this information out first, but if he is a sex offender, I believe that the parents of the children should be told. I wish I could tell everyone in america the name of the jerk that molested my daughter but because he doesn't get sentenced until march I can t say anything YET!! Maybe people should stop messing around with children and this wouldn't be such an issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex Offenders [ 19 Answers ]

Hello: I don't happen to be a sex offender - but I could be. Yes, I've wizzed in public, and yes, I went further with some girls after they said no. You?? Or are you pure? excon

Sex offenders [ 4 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations for a sex offender?

Sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations for a sex offender?

In regards to sex offenders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it leagal for a landlord to rent a room to a family that has a child knowing that a registered sex offender lives in the residence?

New offenders act? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida and am wondering if anyone knows what the new offnders act is.

View more questions Search