Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    van2259 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Appeal not filed on time in South Carolina
    The trial ended on July 30 and the lawyer that handled the case did not file a notice for an appeal until it was 10 days late. My husband was being moved around to different facilities and by the time he filed the lawyer sent him a letter stating that he filed and that the one my husband filed was inadvertly filed 10 days late. What steps does he need to take now to ask for a late appeal? Also what is the difference between the appeal and the post conviction release??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Hello van:

He needs to appeal the decision to deny his appeal.

The appeal is the court process. Post conviction release is when he's released, or given a bond, after he's convicted pending appeal.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

South Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what city is half way from Dallas Texas to Greenville South Carolna

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Garnishment in south Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

I reside in Pennsylvania and the company that I work for has their payroll in Greenville South Carolina. Can my wages be garnished?

South carolina evictions [ 4 Answers ]

We are having a problem and I'm looking for a little advice... ok here goes... We own 12 acres of land in sc. Our immediate family are the only ones that have the right to stay on it unless given permission from my mom or uncle... they are the ones the lands name is in.. My brother allowed my 18...

South carolina [ 2 Answers ]

I was served a judgement today for a old credit card debt I live in South Carolina it was with providian bank and cach llc has it now. They would call me I hadn't worked in 4 years and was disable trying to get my disability they would not take payments they wanted the whole amount and I counldn't...

View more questions Search