Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra Klein Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 05:32 PM
    How to get a title for a lost travel trailer title
    I purchased a travel trailer and now want to sell it. When I purchased it, the owner did not have a title and no real information. It is an old one, and has been repainted. No one knows the real date of this trailer, and the only info I have in an old outdated license tage dated 1997. What can I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:06 PM

Start with the outdated license tag down at the DMV and see how far you get with that. How did you purchase this and register it for road use in the first place if you had no title from the original owner? You could also look for the VIN or Serial Number of the unit and see if that helps down at the DMV also.
    Sandra Klein Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
    hello....thank you so much for your reply to this....i purchased it 3 months ago, and was told that is was not all that important to have a title and that it had been lost. Since it is quite old, and i don't know just how old, i bought it because it was cheap, and i was not going to pull it around the highways...........just to my place and that was all. However, right after that, i was in a really bad car accident, and now am in rehab, and unable to fix it up and all the things i had planned to do with it. So, i want to sell it, and all if have is this outdated license tag, there in no serial no. Or vin #. Anywhere, i have looked and looked. Also, it has been repainted over years ago, and there is no visible information.. I will start with the dmv and the license tag. That is all i have. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks so much...............sandra

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost title to Travel Trailer! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently purchased a travel trailer with a lost title. How do I go about getting the title for it? Where do I go? How much will it cost? Also.. how much does it cost to register the travel trailer?

Obtaining a lost trailer title [ 4 Answers ]

I have a trailer that is used for racing. About 44', enclosed. When I bought the trailer from a person that was supposed to send me the title in the mail. I paid cash. He also bought my smaller trailer and I agreed to send him the title for it when he sent the title to my new trailer in the...

Title for travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a travel trailer and did not receive a title. How do we advise the person who sold it to us to obtain one. The license plate has not been renewed since 1994 so I am assuming he has no tilte. Please help.

Never received title for racing trailer [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a racing trailer some years ago. The seller promised to send me the title and of course never did. Now I am interested in selling it, how can I do this without a title. The person has also moved out of the country, and I do not know how to contact them. It is paid for, I paid the...

View more questions Search