Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    china06132006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 07:33 PM
    On probation and need to move out of state
    I am on probation for misdeamnor and I live in Kansas and my husband lives in Iowa. I want to move to be with him and I have been getting the run around for a year a half now and they won't let me move. What can I do.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 12:46 PM
    There is a sticky at the top of the criminal law topic that excon posted giving you a good guideline on how to get the probation transferred.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Yes, have you filed an official request ? If turned down, why are they turning you down? Have you hired an attorney to help in the process.

I will say, if for example you are always violating your probation, not reporting properly, I can understand, is there some reason they are saying
    SHOOSTER Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 01:33 AM
    My daughter is on 3 years probation for a first time dui? She is wanting to move to hawaii, because she just got married. She currently does not have a job there. In the state of california, can a person on probation for dui move out of state? I am in the preference that she not move, and am hoping for info to keep her from leaving, as i feel my grandson will not be safe there with her.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 08:06 AM

Hello S:

I have a couple problems with your post.. First off, it's not a good idea to piggyback it onto somebody else's question because it won't get seen. I know you didn't know about that, so it's no big deal. Maybe somebody will come along and move it to its own thread...

Next is your use of capital letters... In internet decorum, that's YELLING! You don't need to yell here.

Third is your thinking that your grandson won't be safe with her there, but he will be safe with her here. If she's a neglectful mother, it only takes two seconds for something bad to happen, and where she lives won't change that.

So, I'm not going to help you keep your daughter away from her husband. Now, if you have some information that might cause me to change my mind, I'll be happy to listen.

excon
    SHOOSTER Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:03 AM
    Apparently my post did get seen, because you managed to make a rude response to it.
    No yelling here, just my trademark, and my friends and family know me for it. So decorum goes out the window.
    And since you made the assumption that i felt my grandson was safe with her here, i can tell you, you are wrong. But, at least here i can keep track of what's going on. Keep in touch with his school and daycare provider. See him with my own eyes. Our legal system is blind to issues regarding child abuse. No one says anything until someone dies. But i have learned that it is not a matter of no one actually saying anything, it is a matter of out system not doing anything.
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2010, 07:16 AM

Just curious have you reported your concerns to the chid abuse hotline in your state? I can only speak to the state I live in but if you did make a report, it was investigated and CPS did not find reason to believe your grandson was in danger. I understand your frustration but the state must follow policy and if there was no evidence found or your grandson did not make an outcry then the state cannot remove him from your daughter's care.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOOSTER View Post
    APPARENTLY MY POST DID GET SEEN, BECAUSE YOU MANAGED TO MAKE A RUDE RESPONSE TO IT.
    NO YELLING HERE, JUST MY TRADEMARK, AND MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW ME FOR IT. SO DECORUM GOES OUT THE WINDOW.
    AND SINCE YOU MADE THE ASSUMPTION THAT I FELT MY GRANDSON WAS SAFE WITH HER HERE, I CAN TELL YOU, YOU ARE WRONG. BUT, AT LEAST HERE I CAN KEEP TRACK OF WHATS GOING ON. KEEP IN TOUCH WITH HIS SCHOOL AND DAYCARE PROVIDER. SEE HIM WITH MY OWN EYES. OUR LEGAL SYSTEM IS BLIND TO ISSUES REGARDING CHILD ABUSE. NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING UNTIL SOMEONE DIES. BUT I HAVE LEARNED THAT IT IS NOT A MATTER OF NO ONE ACTUALLY SAYING ANYTHING, IT IS A MATTER OF OUT SYSTEM NOT DOING ANYTHING.

Interesting that your manner of responding changed after this and you went to lower case - just like the Board requests.

It is not a very good idea, by the way, to insult the very people who are trying to answer your questions and help you - especially an expert in criminal law.

Maybe "the system" isn't helping you because your "Board" attitude carries over into your in person dealings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

If a have a warrant for a misdemeanor in one state and move to another state. [ 3 Answers ]

If someone has a warrant for a failure to appear for a misdemeanor and they move to another state. Will they be able to get a license in the other state? And would the previous state really extradite for a misdemeanor?

Transferring Probation from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is currently incarcerated in Virgnia for drug related charges. He will be on probation for about a year when he is released. Is there any way we could apply for a transfer to North Carolina (where I live) before he gets out so hopefully he can move here immediately? Who do I need to...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

Job needs me to move out of state but on probation. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm needed to move out of state VERY QUICKLY to another state for my job but I'm currently on probation here in AZ. My PO has said that it's possible to get the probation transferred, but that that process could take up to 6 months. I need this done in about 2 weeks. Are they are any options...

View more questions Search