Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meg3560 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Wrongful assault charge
    I have a friend who has been charged with assault from a bar fight. She was not even in the fight, there were other people involved, but she never was. Her name was given to the cops because the ones involved didn't know who the people were. Is there something she can do to get repaid for lawyer fees? Now she has to plead not guilty and pay $1000 for a lawyer to defend her and she honestly wasn't even involved. Could she sue the people who wrongfully accused her? Or is she just out the money for the lawyer simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 02:37 PM
    No, she can definitely sue them for filing false charges. Though first she has to be found not guilty and prove she wasn't involved somehow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assault? ME? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was 6, My 14 year old brother used to come in my room at night and ask if I wanted to play truth or dare. But this wasn't regular truth or dare. I didn't know that at the time I was giving him oral sex and letting him finger me. I was 6 so I didn't know. I'm now 12 and I know. I'm afraid to...

Physical Assault [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on physical assault in New York State, I believe that it is 3 years, but I'm not sure. It is for a case with someone fracturing or breaking another's jaw.

Assault by a coworker [ 4 Answers ]

I desperately need some advice, my friend was hit by one of his co-workers while they where working, The my friend was just busy like always and the co-worker walked up to him and started hitting him. Is there any thing that we can do about this? Please, this is really important, he has bruises in...

Wrongful felony charge [ 10 Answers ]

Upon returning home from and internship in the UK, I was told by US customs officers at JFK that there is a warrant out for my arrest in the state of NC. I was detained for about 2 hours, though they ultimately let me go because the fingerprinting computer kept freezing(!) I just found out that...

Assault [ 2 Answers ]

A guy at my work that no one likes except two managers threaten me then he shoved me in the face. Now it all started when I got into a confutation with the two managers that like this guy so much. They started the whole situation by aggrivating me, when one of the mangers said if I continue...

View more questions Search