Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovieperkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Symptoms of dying
    What are the symptoms of the final stages of a life? A lady has dementia, cannot talk immobile, usually awake daily... now contacted severe cold. All she wants to do is sleep, an exhausted sleep with mouth open/dropped... breathing varies, but we suddenly noticed a new sign of repeated twitching. Please advise. If these are her final days please guide us to know the progressive signs to the end... what to expect.
    Thank you.
    Would over the counter medication make her twitch?
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Feb 3, 2008, 08:44 AM
    There are emotional stages of Death. I think you are asking about physical signs of Death.
    In the last stages the body will go into rythmatic breathing this is when cellular death is happening there is know pain. The mind and body will disconnect at the point of brain death. Some say this is the spiritual moment that loved ones once lost will guild you to your journey's end. It is hard for me to tell you what will happen at the end, For there are many things that can happen. The heart can stop, and so on. The body does go through strain but the person in the state you are saying will be disconnected.
    I am so sorry you must deal with this it is very hard. Just remember with life comes Death everyone on this planet will feel this. It is like birth the only experience we all feel together.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:56 AM
    The last two weeks of my Father's life, he was in and out of consciousness. One of the nurses took the time to explain the bodily changes. One of the things he said is that the extremities start to turn a bluish color. Three days before my Dad's death I noticed the toes were turning that color, then the feet. Noticed the finger tips and then the hands.

I honestly did not know how to pray anymore, as I surely wanted my Dad to survive the cancer. But that was my will I was praying for, not in the will of God. So I began to pray for a peaceful passage into eternity. Dad had already said that he had seen his brother and mother.

My heart goes out to you, this woman, and all that love her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 09:08 AM
    And for my dad, he started to lose color in his feet, the nurses but in general the best guesses are only within 2 or 3 days from externial signs and still are wrong. Often the spirit of the person to fight for life can extend things.

And the exact condition is always had to tell, I will assume they are under medical care, the medical staff should be able to tell you what to look for in her case.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 09:11 AM
    This is an older question that has resurfaced here so I will answer what I know about the OP's question about repeated twitching.
    Without knowing what medications are being taken, or for what dignosis/symptoms, I can tell you that this person may be exhibiting a mineral or vitamin deficiency. Tremors or repeated shaking can be attributed to potassium levels being excessively low. The doctor's should be made aware of this symptom as soon as possible. You may have to tell them as the outward signs may not always be present. Consult your doctors!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symptoms of pregnancy a few days after intercourse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi it has been 8 days since intercourse and I have been nausous, headaches, brown bleeding. But 2 of the days I had horrible cramps and stomach pains. It did not feel like implantation cramps. I know these are signs of ectopic pregnancy but could it also be because I was late on my pill the day...

8 days late on my period but only two symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

I'm eight days late on my period and the only symptoms I have is tired and nasua.

Morning sickness symptoms? [ 1 Answers ]

Post removed

Pregnacny symptoms [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I Started My Period Today But It Is Very Un-normal For Me To Start This Early I Usually Start At The End Of The Month, Could I Be Pregnant, Me And My Boyfriend Have Unprotected Sex And He Bust In Me Two Otimes About 3weeks Ago.. so Could Someone Help Me...

View more questions Search