Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chacha1259 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Married, and still be friends with my ex fiancé
    15 or 16 years ago, I was to be married. The wedding was called off a few weeks before the wedding. He got upset that night and said he was leaving. A year later he returned, he called me and wanted to try again. I was seeing someone else, so I told him I was in a relationship with this other person and things were going well for us. I married that person, and have made it great!. we've been married for 14 years.
    Just recently my ex fiancé contacted me, and said he always thought of me and wondered how things turned out for me. Know that we have talked he would like to keep in touch with me. I told him, I'd have to think about it. My question is: Should I? My husband knows about him, but I just don't know... I need someone else's insight. Please help!
    mitchellmom Posts: 22, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
    This may clear things up a bit. What benefits would you have from reforming a relationship with this man? IF you have been happy for all these years, why would you want to open up the old can of worms? You have had a good solid relationship, and even though it's flattering to be thought of kindly and often, there is not really a reason to revisit something you have obviously moved past. He will have to deal with his feelings on his own.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

Oct 6, 2007, 05:29 PM
    The fact that you "don't know" shows that there is the potential for trouble and is a red flag.

He also clearly has some feelings for you so do what is best for him, and do not keep in contact with him. The attention he gives you could also become addictive... which is not fair to your 14 year marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiance' friend is getting married the same day [ 6 Answers ]

I found out yesterday that one of my fiance' friends is getting the married the same that we are. This totally sucks. Because two of the guys that my fiancŽ was going to ask to be groomsmen are also going to be asked my his friend. Hello problem, they can't be at both weddings. Come on first,...

Can I be friends with my married ex? [ 19 Answers ]

I am still in love with my first love who has now been married for 2 years to his wife. He has admitted he still has strong feelings for me and has been open with his wife about it so they can discuss it and work through it. He is 8 years older than me (Im 22 now) and was very keen to get...

Getting married while fianc? Is stationd in Germany [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone know of how to get a marriage license while my fiancé is stationed in Germany. We were going to wait until he came back from deployment , however we feel we are both ready and want to spend our lives together. Problem is, is that he won't get R&R before deployment until...

I am getting married and my fianc? Wants to adopt my son who's father is on death row [ 2 Answers ]

How do we go about doing this? He never signed my sons birth certificate and never paid any child support. My son is 14 now and wants to be my fiancés son. He (my fiance) has been the only father he has ever known since he was 8 weeks old. Also my sons biological father was very violent towards...

My fiance' friend is getting married the same day [ 1 Answers ]

I found out yesterday that one of my fiance' friends is getting the married the same that we are. This totally sucks. Because two of the guys that my fiancŽ was going to ask to be groomsmen are also going to be asked my his friend. Hello problem, they can't be at both weddings. Come on first,...

View more questions Search