Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mclj40 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Intense Probation Drug Testing
    I was recently put on 6 months intense probation, after spending 5 months in jail. My crimes are felony identity theft and 2nd degree bulgary. I have to pay back 7k resitition over a 5 yr period. I have been seeing my PO on time every week and have always been home at my designated time (6pm-6am). My PO just got my paper work from clerk of courts last week and drug testing me during this week's visit. I am worried that it may come back positive for drugs. Will this one time incident violate me and send me to prison. Should I alert my PO that my drug test may come back positive immediately or wait until our next scheduled meeting. I am also bi-polar, suffer from severe depression and I had gotten severely depressed which prompted me to use drugs. I do have a scheduled meeting with my regular shrink to finally get back on my pysch meds, after being off them for 5 months. Please give me some guidance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Hello mc:

I don't know what kind of drug you did or when you did it. Nor do I know what kind of drug test they did. Therefore, I couldn't tell you what the test might reveal.

If YOU think it will detect the drug you took, then yes, you should tell you PO before the test comes back. If you're dirty, you stand a much better chance of NOT being violated if you're honest about it.

Could they violate you?? You betcha.

excon
    Scooterdog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mclj40
    I was recently put on 6 months intense probation, after spending 5 months in jail. My crimes are felony identity theft and 2nd degree bulgary. I have to pay back 7k resitition over a 5 yr period. I have been seeing my PO on time every week and have always been home at my designated time (6pm-6am). My PO just got my paper work from clerk of courts last week and drug testing me during this week's visit. I am worried that it may come back positive for drugs. Will this one time incident violate me and send me to prison. Should I alert my PO that my drug test may come back positive immediately or wait til our next scheduled meeting. I am also bi-polar, suffer from severe depression and I had gotten severely depressed which prompted me to use drugs. I do have a scheduled meeting with my regular shrink to finally get back on my pysch meds, after being off of them for 5 months. Please give me some guidance.
    If you fail, that is cause for revocation. You will probably go to jail, or they may just re-start your Probation. You need a lawyer!

Don't tell the PO ANYTHING! Keep your mouth shut. If you fail, play stupid. No test is 100%, although people will swear that the new drug testing is the best thing since sliced bread. Not so.

Stop doing what ever your doing! You have small amount of time on PO. Although you can "cheat" the test, you are taking one heck of a risk.

Bi-polar has nothing to do with drug use in this case. YOu just need to get clean, and stay clean. After a couple of month, you may decide that you never want/need them again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cocaine and drug testing [ 8 Answers ]

How long do it take for cocaine to leave your system and to successfully pass a drub test

Oxycodone in drug testing [ 9 Answers ]

How long does it stay in your urine for drug tests?

Drug testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can you pass an EtG alcohol test

Blood/drug testing [ 11 Answers ]

How long does percocet stay in the bloodstream?

View more questions Search