Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JENNIFER FITGERALD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Probation Violation
    My fiance' is on probation in VA a transfer was put in for us to move to Tennessee it was denied. His P.O. said she wanted him in TN to stay out of trouble and that she would put travel permits in his file every month and he would have to come up once a month for a visit.Through lack of communication for a month he was violated, my question... For a first violation is there a set amount of time he will get or is it up to the P.O. I'm totally clueless on this. PLEASE HELP!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 07:23 PM
    First this was a verry poor thing to do, and what lack of communication? Did he fail to go back to VA to report in ? And a travel permit is for from permission to move, he would still have to have and show an actuall address in VA as his real home.

To get an official transfer, not only does VA have to allow him to go, but TN would have to also accept him.

But this is totally up to the judge.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JENNIFER FITGERALD
    or is it up to the P.O.? I'm totally clueless on this.
    Hello Jen:

The Padre is right, it's up to the JUDGE - not the PO. It couldn't hurt to hire a lawyer to represent him at the violation hearing.

If you want a transfer, you might go to the top of this forum and read a little thing I posted on how to get one of those.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

I completed all that was require from me to finish my 2 year probation except my community service hours. I have court on June 15 What are the outcomes for my court hearing. I do not want to go to jail and it is my first violation do I need to get a lawyer, what will the judge give me as options. I...

Probation violation [ 12 Answers ]

A friend of mine is on probation for theft. He got pulled over in July 06 for driving with an open container. Is this a violation of probation?

Probation Violation. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Florida. I was on 7 years probation for a crime in 2000. During that time I violated my probation. My original crime was in two different counties and they applied them together, "concurrent". When I violated I was sentenced to 13 months prison with all terms and conditions terminated. Upon...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

View more questions Search