Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Proactive does it work or am I just wasting my time?
    I have been using proactive for about 2 weeks now, and it doesn't seem like its working, I have had a pre-menstrual breakout, but still. For those who have used it before. Does it work or am I wasting my time using it? :confused:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I have been using proactiv for about two years now and it works for me. When I first started using it I didn't think it was working either. Don't give up on it; give it a few months and you will be able to see the results. I still get a breakout every so often now but my overall skin looks smoother and more radiant. Just be consistent with it and don't over scrub your face. I love the product.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Jul 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Does it dry out your face? I can use it once, in the morning and night, but then the next day my face is flaky. It seems like I can't use it more than one day without drying out my face.

Jul 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Well after I use the lotion my face stays shiny the whole day. It looks like my face it oily but its not
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 10:14 AM
    I don't use the proactiv lotion I use an oil-free aveeno lotion with spf during the day and cetaphil during the night. My face doesn't get dry and doesn't look too oily. Lotion usually tends to make your face look oily; do you apply make-up after using it?

Jul 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Well, I really don't like to use makeup, but my face looks kind of shiny after I put lotion on, and just a little powder helps keep that down. Maybe I'll start using my own lotion. I use olay face lotion for sensitive skin. I have proactiv, I just never use it because it dries out my face so badly.

Jul 30, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Nah I don't use makeup its colgs my pores I'm staying off the makeup until my acne gets better

Jul 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
    That's what I did for like 2 months. It helped trememdously! Then it came back. Ugh, I wish there was a magic cream or something and the next morning your face is smooth!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
    I love proactive. I use the moisturizer (with the SPF 15) during the day and the cetaphil lotion at night. It seemed like my acne got worse when I first started, but I stayed with it, and now I swear by it. I have a very oily face and it seems to keep that in check.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Proactive worked okay for me, but it wasn't that great. Now I use the Clinique 3 step line and it works wonderfully! It never makes my face look shiny or oily. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Acne treatments take time to work. It may take up two to six months for it to work, depending on the condition of your skin. If the acne does not improve after several months you should consider seeing a dermatologist for a treatment that's right for you.
    scac Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Well, I have tried proactive, and I'm sure it works, but now I am using biorre, and it it helping my skin. Try giving proactive a few months
    lildaisy Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Yeah, it dried my face out as well. I used it for a while and then it stopped working for me. They say it takes a while, so hang on for a bit. I now use Arbonne products and use Proactive when I break out to help dry it up. Mine is premenstral as well. So, I can relate. I say hang in there.
    kolkay Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2008, 08:46 PM
    At first I loved proactive, but it dried out my skin very bad! My skin was just very flakey and makeup couldn't help. But my skin is sensitive, so that affected it I'm sure. I had to use a different lotion that would mosturize better. I stopped using it after a month. But I also found out there is practically the same medicine at Costco (I don't know where you are exactly) for a lot cheaper. If your skin is dried out, try another lotion and just see if that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my wife to go to work full time? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty getting my wife to go to work full time to get us back on our financial feet again . When I bring up the topic it gets to where she is always on the defensive. All of our children are grown and she works part time 2 days a week by her choice. It started as 3 days but she told...

Acne but not proactive [ 2 Answers ]

There is many questios here about acne and many of answers are to use proactive.But, here, using proactive for one month equals to spend 75 dollars. I have had acne for years, some scars are also present.Do you have an idea that is cheaper?

Time off work from Abortion [ 9 Answers ]

How long after a DNC can you go back 2 work? And how long after you have an abortion can you go back 2 work?

Wasting my time? [ 4 Answers ]

Wow! Where to begin? So there is this girl, we've been friends for over 2 years now. For the first year we wasn't the best of friends, but this year that has changed. We are best friends and we are really close. :) I've liked this girl since I first got to know her last year, but I'm the kind of...

Wasting shower water [ 4 Answers ]

We, just bought a house and noticed a strange plastic pipe line going upfrom the laundry sink to the upstairs shower. When you run a bath there is no problem when you turn the shower on not all the water goes to the shower head some goes through this pipe and down into the laundry sink and runs...

View more questions Search