Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mlquickel Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Financial Assistance for Rehabilitated Criminals
    Hi,
    My name is Mike and I am a 28 yr old Rehabilitated Felon. I am trying to go to school for Microsoft IT, through the ComputerTraining.com. It is really hard to find a job around where I live, especially being a Felon. So I decided fixing my life and learning from my wrongs was the best thing for me. The questions that now face me are how do I pay for my training. I would like to know if there is any kind of special grants and loans that I can receive for funding my schooling. I live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA. I know some grants and loans are state and county funded so maybe that may help you in finding an answer for me.

Thank You
    Mike
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2007, 03:05 PM
    You have the rights to student loans, or grants just like anyone else does.

And you can work a job while going to school to pay for it.
    The school where you are taking the training should have a finicial aid office that will know of a lot of the money avialable.
    Mlquickel Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2007, 05:02 PM
    TY Chuck but I found what I was looking for the place is called "Office of Vocational Rehabilitation" OVR for short! Although they can't help me with the program I am going through, they might be able to help someone else. The number I got for them is (800) 442.0949

Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should criminals get a second chance? [ 20 Answers ]

I am doing an essay for my college writing course essay and I was wondering what society thinks about criminals and should criminal get a second chance.

Financial Assistance [ 1 Answers ]

Do the government offer any financial aid for felons?

Financial assistance [ 2 Answers ]

First I want to preface my question by acknowledging that I know I am not the only one experiencing difficulty during these times. My husband and I have been struggling since 12/99 when his company laid him off. He is 57 and it has been hard for him to find a decent paying job; I am 50 and had...

Is parental financial assistance tax deductible [ 1 Answers ]

During the 2006 tax year I paid my retired parents prescription drug bills. They were both in the "donut hole" and were unable to afford them. Can I deduct the $4400 on my tax return as a one-time gift or is there some other tax deduction classification I can use? We live in the state of Oklahoma

View more questions Search