Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephaniemau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Father in law will not leave mother in law alone after passing
    Please help my father in law passed in November after being married to my mother in law for 57 years. For a couple of months she didn't feel his presence, now she says he will not go away and is trying to sexually molest her. She is becoming increasingly agitated about it. What can we do?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

May 13, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stephaniemau
    please help my father in law passed in november after being married to my mother in law for 57 years. for a couple of months she didnt feel his presence, now she says he will not go away and is trying to sexually molest her. she is becoming increasingly agitated about it. what can we do?
    Respectfully, a matter such as this is better left to a licensed, health care professional and an ordained clergyman. There may be issues she wants to present to both since each would have a different point of view. One for the physical part of it, the other for the spiritual. In the meantime, daily PRAYER can be of great help not only to her but for the person who has passed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I will agree if there are spirits which of course the Christian church believes exist then you have an issue best dealth with by your local clergy. Not all christian denominations accept this idea fully but there are many that do.

Also in passing often the person who is left behind has mental stress, depression and other issues that often let them believe so many things, including remembing past experiences perhaps that may seem real
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 21, 2008, 08:18 AM
    If you are open to spiritual resources, a pastor or pastoral counselor might be helpful. If not, a reputable licensed professional counselor, licensed clinical social worker, or licensed marriage and family therapist may be an alternative resource.

Acute stress often preciptates the return of unresolved issues from our past experiences. Grief counseling from a skilled person who can also help with underlying issues, if they are present, could be a "go to" for these concerns.

A church office might be a good place to provide referrals for you to check out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 08:24 AM
    But with all things, one should also consider the fact that she may be having a mental breakdown, from the loss. She should consider seeking help from a professoinal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2weeks late & passing passing clots [ 1 Answers ]

My period is weeks late and yesterday I had some bad cramping. I had some light bleeding & then I passed to large clots. I have never had any clots this size before. I am still bleeding. Is this just a late period or am I having a miscarriage ?

Mother-In-Law won't leave [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I allowed my mother-in-law to move in with us because she was undergoing chemo. She has since stopped receiving chemo and is interfering in all aspects of our marriage. My wife refuses to confront her. I am the sole owner of the house. She does not pay rent, nor have I ever...

Did your mother leave? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really didn't know where to post this, was going to put it in parenting, but wasn't sure. Anyway, this might sound like a strange question to ask, and I hope I don't offend anyone at all, but... Usually, it's the father that leaves, say if the parents split up, or whatever reason, it's...

Parent's aren't getting along! Should my mother leave him? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom and dad are constantly fighting over bills. My dad had a good job until he lost it. Now he's a handyman and bringing money home when he feels like it. Our rent is high and the bills are a lot. My mother is always living paycheck to paycheck and crying all the time over later bills and losing...

My mother passed away and didn't leave a will [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away this year and she did not have a will. She was living with me for the last 2 years of her life, but she has a piece of property that she and my dad owned. My mother never gained a "clear title" to the property. She purchased the land and trailer from the owner about 20 years...

View more questions Search