Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Who would vote for?
    [F]OK everybody this is a volunteer question so if you don't wish to answer then don't.I have already been harassed by people who don't wish to share something like this. OK...Barack Obama who is an AA and Hillary Clinton are the likely democratic candidates to run in 08'.My question is if you had a choice between only these two who would you vote for?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Feb 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Barack Obama would be my pick. He is not as entrenched in the political system.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Barack Obama - no one seems to own him yet.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 06:58 PM
    I do not think either one of them will be the nominee of the Democratic party, I don't think the party is that dumb to throw away the chance they have now of winning the election.

But the way you posted your post by saying this was a volunteer question and that I didn't have to answer if I didn't wish to. I didn't think I had to answer any of the questions posted here unless I wanted to, I will answer your's I would vote for Obama
    scglove Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jvibe101
    [F]OK everybody this is a volunteer question so if you don't wish to answer then don't.I have already been harassed by people who don't wish to share something like this. OK...Barack Obama who is an AA and Hillary Clinton are the likely democratic candidates to run in 08'.My question is if you had a choice between only these two who would you vote for?
    Hillary, one because she smart, next I think she and her husband did a great job the first go round . And I do see them as a team, and the new guy is just that he is new, we need someone that knows this game, and bill clinton did a great job with foreign affairs and we are in need of that for sure. So that one answer .
    GaryArt Posts: 43, Reputation: 12

Mar 31, 2007, 03:03 AM
    Personally, I have looked forward to voting for Hillary since long before Senator Obama even announced his candidacy.

Since I get the impression your question is really "Would you pick a female or an African-American if those were your only choices", I'll add this: Like I said, I've planned to vote for HRC for a while. Barack's entry didn't change that, because, while I admire him, I don't feel he has sufficient experience, at this point, to be president.

His color has no bearing on my decision. Not only did I vote for Jesse Jackson twice (1984 and 1988), there are several other black politicians I feel would make excellent presidents. But, in my opinion, Barack's not ready yet.

As a long-time observer of politics, I will say this: For a lot of white voters, there are some candidates they would reject (perhaps partly because of race), while with some other candidates, color would not even register. To me, that is racist, but I don't think most of them even realize they are prejudiced.

Also, things vary from state to state, and region to region. But, the bottom line is, while I will probably vote for Hillary, I also believe Barack CAN be elected in 2008, if things go his way
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Obama I am afraid would be a lot like Carter if he got into office, he does not have the political ties, the contacts and the connections is how you get things done, without them, you merely make a lot of speeches and that is all that really happens.

So his problem will be what you mention as a good thing, is he is not owned, but not having enough pull with the parties, having favors to pull in, means he won't get much done.

Hillary issue is that she is married to Bill and too many would feel it is just politics like usual when Bill was in, and I don't believe many would want that back. Plus in general she is tied to far to many illegal business practices

It is actually fairly sad that neither party has come up with a good choice so far.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I think you underestimate Hillary and Obama. One thing that hurts Barak Obama is his name. You'll be surprised how many people vote based on a name. I go around and speak to high school students in the south (bible belt) and the first thing they say is "isn't he Muslim". Obama should wait until the next time around so he can gain more political experience and so more people will know who he is. Now on to Hillary... don't underestimate her. No matter what people say, she is highly intelligent. When I ask the kids what they think of a woman leader they say the world won't accept us and that a woman isn't capable. I hate to break it, but we are one of the last countries to have a female leader. Even Israel currently has a female president.

I'm not sure who I would pick just yet because I don't know all of the platforms. My vote goes to whom ever stands for the things that are important to me, whether democrat or republican. But for the sake of your question, if the election where today and I had to choose between Hillary or Obama I would choose Hillary. Not because of race or gender, but because I know she has more experience.

Now in regards to the Republican candidates, they will get ripped to shreds too for reasons such as: being too old, being divorced twice, being mormon, having had an affair…the list goes on. There is a great poll on the Washington Post site and you’ll be surprised people are less likely to vote for someone because of those reasons instead of gender or race.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Those to the only choice ? I'd shoot myself
    rayco96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Boy you sure make it ruff , I would have to say clinton because of experience and hope she lost.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
    If I was american, and I had a choice. It would be Clinton for sure. She was the balls of Bill Clinton when he was office. Imagine what she could do and get done if she was given the power. She is a lot smarter then Bill. Bill was good as president, she would be even better.

Joe
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 27, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Neither, we need better then that. Hil is crazy she thinks video games are wack and that other lady don't know her, have to do research. But if I haven't heard of her she's probably a minority.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Will move to Mexico (illegally.) And mow laws for a living. Or maybe here Kazakhstan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Name:  The whole enchilada 094.gif
Views: 101
Size:  73.2 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do Union members vote for candidates that opposed the Border Fence? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm curious. It seems as if the same politicians that want amnesty for illegals seem to be endorsed by the unions. It doesn't make sense. Those same illegals would soon take their jobs. Politicians seem to have taken the unions for granted. So my question is : Why do Union members vote for...

For all those who didn't vote [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry for the late comment, Ive been rather busy last week. I however wasn't to busy to get out and vote. Although I don't make practice of broadcasting who I voted for, I will say I was pleased with the outcome. I wanted to come here and lecture to the non voters. My wife didn't vote, and...

US Residents over 18: Don't forget to vote! [ 11 Answers ]

And don't forget the new voting schedule! Republicans vote today. Democrats vote tomorrow. :p :p Just kidding :p :eek: Get out there and vote today, all of you!!

Who can vote [ 2 Answers ]

Can convicted felons vote?

View more questions Search