Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eolivarez86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Probation and rules in Indiana
    My dad is on probation in Indiana, his mom is sick in Texas, his probation officer won't let him go, can he talk to a judge?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hello e:

Well, he certainly can write the judge a letter, but I need more information before I'd recommend it. Every probation office I've been associated with ALLOWS for travel. What is the REASON she is saying no. That's important.

excon
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Mar 10, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Agreed, likely the probation department has some form of appeal (either inside the departemnt or to a hearing board/court). Though, Ex is right, more info would be helpful in opining on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can probation in Indiana be transferred to another state? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on probation in Indiana. I have been offered a job in Florida. Can my probation be transferred?

Probation rules [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have a really good quistion!! I am on feloney (Probation) in Idaho, when I was sentenced in 2001 I wis given (Special conditions) to wit, and ordered by the judge. The state board of correction, continuely does not allow offenders, or makes offenders not follow those special conditions. ...

Early termination of probation state of Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

How do you do it?

Breaking the rules of Probation [ 3 Answers ]

What would happen if you put in for the transefer, but leave before it clears?

Probation Rules [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering,my boyfriend is on probation and staying at a friends of his house.Does his probation officer have the right to come to my home at any given time and search it? He has broken probation three times all ready and I was wondering if on the fourth time that they will revoke it...

View more questions Search