Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkahne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 02:32 AM
    How long allowed to stay in US
    How long is my fiancé allowed to stay in the US on vacation... he is canadian and he also has an indian status card not sure if that makes a difference...

Sep 3, 2008, 02:36 AM
    Getting married
    Do I have to contact immigration before or after we get married he is a canadian indian with status card we will be married in the US...
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 3, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Hello kkahne

I'm from W. Europe, and don't know the answer to your question.

But hereby my congratulations !

All the best to both of you !
    Attached Images

lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Canadian passport holders are allow to enter US on visa waiver program for a period of 90 days.
    Immigration Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkahne
    do i have to contact immigration before or after we get married he is a canadian indian with status card we will be married in the US...
    If he is in Canada and you are now in US, you can file fiance's visa for him. When he enters US, you two must get married within 90 days or he returns to Canada.

If you are in Canada with him now, you may get married in Canada. Then you return to US (alone) and file spouse visa for him.

The last choice which I don't recommend is he enters US on visa waiver program, get married, and file for adjustment of status. You will need an immigration attorney if you go for this option.

Sep 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
    What do I have to do to get a fiancé visa
    What do I have to do to apply for a fiancé visa... and is it possible to do this on line or through the mail...
    Immigration Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkahne
    what do i have to do to apply for a fiance visa...and is it possible to do this on line or through the mail...

Instructions here: How Do I Bring My Fiancé(e) to the United States?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac won't stay on long enough [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your reply for my previous question my new problem is I called the ac tech regarding the work he did adding freon and cleaning the coil, and he was out of town so he sent his friend to come check the ac after he checked it he said my fan blower and my fan relay are no good that both...

Is he allowed to stay? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I met in 11/06. His visa was to expire on 3/19/07. We were married on 3/11/07 in California so that he wouldn't have to go home and we would have to do a fiancée visa. We are in love, but our relationship ran into problems. We went to counseling, did everything we could to save the...

How long must they stay? [ 1 Answers ]

What period must I allow my tenants to 'stay' in my residence after being served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent? Is the time frame the same throughout the State of Texas or does it vary by county?

View more questions Search