Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeff Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Paying Restitution in Full at the Beginning of Probation
    If I have the resources to pay my restitution in full at the beginning of my probation, what effect will that have on my probation. Will the probation officer pretty much stay out of my business? My offense was a white collar crime and all of my conditions other than community service are to ensure that I pay my restitution.

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Hello again, Zeff:

Well, it'll sure be one less thing that she can bust your chops over. Plus, you can't get released early unless you've got everything paid.

excon
    Zeff Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Thank you for the insight. You should write a book, you would make lots of money!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Robbery Victims restitution [ 3 Answers ]

We were robbed over a year ago. The courts gave the perpetrators probation and they were ordered to each pay their share of the restitution. We have only received one small check from one of the young men. What are our rights, and didn't the sentence mean anything?? We were told that we could not...

Need to make restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I could use some legal advice. First I have not been arrested or any charges filed. I would like to keep it that way. I need to make restitution of$2769 soon but I do not have it. I have been trying to get a loan and I was so desperate I tried securing a loan but was ripped off. I even researched...

Restitution [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was charged with theft, stealing from a department store. The case is nearly finished and now they are saying he owes restitution for the items he tried to steal. He thinks that he shouldn't have to pay for the items since they never left the store and the store would have been able to...

Being refused to pay restitution [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote bad checks to a place also have been accused of several thousand of dollars being stoled what is the law on restitution if they refuse to take restitution a gave me a signed latter stating such can they press charges.

View more questions Search