Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swisntme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Most likely penalty for 2 counts of possession of a firearm by convicted felon, Va ?
    What would be a likely penalty for 2 counts of possession of a firearm by convicted felon in the state of Virginia?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Hello s:

There's no way to tell.. Of the 100's of factors they will consider, you gave us two. All I can say, is whatever the punishment WOULD have been, it will be LESS with a good lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Are you being charged in state court, or Federal court, it can make a difference ( although Federal prison is normally nicer)

Yes are they offering any plea agreement ? Was the firearms used in any other crime?
    How or why did they find them? How were they in possession, in a closet at the house, or in your pocket?

But 7 to 10 years in prison is not unheard of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why a nonviolent felon cannot possess a firearm [ 6 Answers ]

My son is an alcoholic, but has been dry for several years. He got a DWI and plead guilty to a class D felony. I would like to know why a convicted felon of a nonviolent crime can never own a firearm. I know it is the law, but what is the reasoning behind the law. There must be a court case...

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Can I buy a firearm if I was convicted of a crime 43 years ago? [ 4 Answers ]

In 1966 I was convicted in Wisconsin on 12 counts of burglary (breaking & entering) section 943.10. I don’t know if the section (943.10) I was convicted under was a felony at that time. The Sentence was withheld and I was placed on probation for 3yrs, it was discharged in 1970 after I completed my...

Felony possession of a firearm [ 2 Answers ]

If someone is charged with Felony of an fireaem and given the max. sentence of 15 years and a min. of 13 years. Do they always have to pull the entire sentence given if the firearm its self was not used in a crime. The firearm was in his possession 2 min. This person has been incarcerated 6 years...

View more questions Search