Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 03:36 PM
    [QUOTE=evart]Thank you so much!

I did not say I did not like his answer by the way, Judy and I actually thanked you for something you said, and then you come back and attack me. I will be the bigger person here. I am sorry Judy if I offended you, it was not meant to be towards you. I was offended by the statement of me drinking "imbibe yourself" when nothing was mentioned about that at all! I was disturbed by the other implications in the post and in some of the others and didn’t even know they had answered or how to direct an answer to them. I have 7 companies and I do not have the time to waste on needless adventures like searching out how to use all discussion sites on the web as they are mostly the same.

Well, so much for being a better person - this is called passive aggressive: "I'm sorry but you deserved it." Oh, well.

If you have 7 companies you must handle bad situations all the time; this is one of them. I don't know what other answers you want. You received a number of comprehensive answers. If it's a health issue for you then you have to decide - either you or leaving or they are leaving.

So what have you decided to do?
    evart Posts: 14, Reputation: -3

Jan 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee]
    Quote Originally Posted by evart
    Thank you so much!

So what have you decided to do?

>
    <

I do not see how that is any of your business!

I came to ask for answers, I received valid ones and not so valid ones. The info and being a person used to dealing with a lot on my plate, I was able to weed through it and make my private decisions. Why so nosey?

I will go along and do as I do. I thanked those that gave me positive answers to my dilemma and did not try to throw blame to me, I did not deserve anything negative thrown at me here. I apologized for not knowing how to answer directly to the answerer and or have the time to figure it either to answer them directly. I still have no clue where many of the statements were made.

Have a nice life Judy dear and stop being so nosey "what have I decided to do?" Give me a break! Read a little closer like I have been advised.

I will go away this place sucks!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I will go away this place sucks!!!
    Hello again, ev:

I hope so. I really, really hope so. In the ten years I’ve been here, I’ve met some very stupid and rude people. You are, by far, the worst.

excon

Jan 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, ev:

I hope so. I really, really hope so. In the ten years I’ve been here, I’ve met some very stupid and rude people. You are, by far, the worst.

excon
    WOW what a tale that tells nothing better to do then "this" for 10 years, and Judy talks about passive aggressive?!

I wish there were laugh button to add here this is just too funny!

Jan 26, 2008, 04:45 PM
    To Judy,

Passive-aggressive behavior sometimes is resistance to the following: it can be described by authoritative instructions in interpersonal or occupational situations. It can manifest itself as resentment, stubbornness, procrastination, sullenness, or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is assumed, often explicitly, to be responsible. It is a defense mechanism and, more often than not, only partly conscious. For example, people who are passive-aggressive might take so long to get ready for a party they do not wish to attend, that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive. Alternatively, leaving notes to avoid face-to-face discussion/confrontation is another form of passive-aggressive behavior.

Internets and sites like this are supposed to help you save time! So I do not feel I am passive aggressive for not reading the silly rules that are basically the same everywhere. Judy I think your stretching this to make yourself sound like you actually know what you're talking about.

I was kind to you; I apologized to you also so who's the jerk here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 05:04 PM
    In the end, most people normally say call the police, well a person needs to, but to be honest police often have their hands tied. They just can't walk to to a house and say I want to come in and look for drugs ( well I guess they could but would be laughed at)

As a police officer for many years, I could drive by and point out drug houses, and people who were most likely doing drug sells in parking lots and who were most likely walking down the sidewalk looking for a car to break in to.

But we can't do a thing unless we have probable cause to do something,
    For example if the person looking at cars would "jay walk" we may be able to at least stop him and ask him for ID. We may even push it and pat him down, if we found a spark plug ( what they use to break car windows) we still could not do anything since they are not illegal to carry.

Same with the drugs house, we turned them over to the drug department, and see if they can get undercover over there ( but they may already have undercover there, but sometimes they will leave undercover people in places for months to find more and higher up drug people,

In fact when I used to live downtown, there was a drug dealer a block over, I actually used them to get rid of the hookers since even possible excessive force would not chase the hookers away.

So the real issue is, the landlord can not do much, they could give a 24 hour notice to enter the property for an inspection, but that is about it,
    The police without some real evidence cannot even go into the house, you would have to have some informant who would testify they saw drugs in that apartment to get a warrant and then maybe get one, depends on the judge opinion.

Now if the apartment would hire security, they could track who comes and goes, and that may slow it down.

Jan 27, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    In the end, most poeple normally say call the police, well a person needs to, but to be honest police often have thier hands tied. They just can't walk to to a house and say I want to come in and look for drugs ( well I guess they could but would be laughed at)

As a police officer for many years, I could drive by and point out drug houses, and people who were most likely doing drug sells in parking lots and who were most likely walking down the sidewalk looking for a car to break in to.

But we can't do a thing unless we have probable cause to do something,
    for example if the person looking at cars would "jay walk" we may be able to at least stop him and ask him for ID. We may even push it and pat him down, if we found a spark plug ( what they use to break car windows) we still could not do anything since they are not illegal to carry.

Same with the drugs house, we turned them over to the drug department, and see if they can get undercover over there ( but they may already have undercover there, but sometimes they will leave undercover people in palces for months to find more and higher up drug people,

In fact when I used to live downtown, there was a drug dealer a block over, I actually used them to get rid of the hookers since even possible excessive force would not chase the hookers away.

So the real issue is, the landlord can not do much, they could give a 24 hour notice to enter the property for an inspection, but that is about it,
    The police without some real evidence cannot even go into the house, you would have to have some informant who would testify they saw drugs in that apartment to get a warrant and then maybe get one, depends on the judge opinion.

Now if the apartment would hire security, they could track who comes and goes, and that may slow it down.
    Fr_Chuck,
    First off, I truly appreciate your time and energy to answer this question with all of this conflict over my question. I knew all of that but thanks for the recap. My questions are and mostly in concern for my family and our health and if it is only bothersome it is of our concern for our health and the dangers that can be experienced over this if it is meth. One thing from what I am hearing and reading is that those fumes could be making me high with my impaired lungs and also and much worse potentially very harmful to my health. That is scary. My health is something I can not afford to play guessing games with. I do know my civil rights, what rights you have and I have. I also know the health dept is concerned about these issues. Also when it comes to concerns of health and safety and a report is made they MAY send someone out. I was trying to confirm the odors so I know what's important to say, who the best person to call is. I needed to know if I was on the right track of possibility so I'd know where to go from here. I know the way to get the police over there.

Surprisingly you seem to sound like you feel like you have no power, I agree with you without informants you’re basically lost driving around hoping to catch someone doing something! Most of the time you see it, know what's going on and your hands are tied. Yes, I have police officer friends and one of my best friends is a DA, in LA. It is difficult and you need a way in to see or observe the actual crime and or damage from the complaints and that all depends on the stories you can put together at the scene. The evidence is not always easy to come by and even if you have "some" evidence you still can't do anything like you said. You may know what is going on but not able to do a darn thing. However there are other agencies to get you guys involved thank goodness. It may not be work you like but it's the job you took and if you’re called out on a domestic you have to do them and I know none of you want to be involved and or want to be in the middle when your hands are tied. Unfortunately your job is difficult as your stuck doing things and being stuck not being able to do others that you know need to happen but you can't.

Child Protective services MUST investigate suspected reports where children are concerned. I am smart enough to know that it would be a surprise visit and the people being unprepared can get caught in any situation. Then and ONLY then and "if" there are any issues of concern they will get handled THEN! If the children need to be removed the police get called. If they see or smell drugs or paraphernalia the police will get called and that is all cause for a search warrant. I was not born yesterday. I have no experience other than what I have read about meth and wanted to be certain the things I smell are what I am concerned about. This is not a once in a while deal this is an every day event and I have been ill again and I was actually getting better. So this is distressing for us. I do not want to go and see anything. I don’t want to be involved if possible but if need be and it comes to testifying about odors and how it effected me I would not bat an eye lash to save my families health and safety. I actually don’t even give a if they do this it them they are hurting but it may also be us they are hurting and that is where I come in. I do not want to go into their home, I am not hell bent on getting them in trouble, I actually like I said steered the guards away from them as I thought they were one of the nice folks around here, first impressions, what can I say? I don't want them in trouble, or a child in foster care, I am not vindictive. I just want to not smell this rancid odor as it makes me feel ill. It’s too bad if this is the case that they are that unconcerned about their siblings and themselves. That’s what drugs will do. If it the cause for my problems though then I have to figure out why it is happening, how to remedy it, take action, and make it go away. My main purpose of even coming to a place like this board was to see if what I am smelling and experiencing is harmful to me with my lungs, I can not afford that, nor my husband who had a heart attack recently so this is serious to our health, and we can not afford to move.

I hope you know Child protective services are not like Adult protective services (APS) they actually take action and quickly too. (CPS) does not play games like (APS ) and they have the power to get you guys, the police in there immediately, correct? I would not call the police they could not do anything. I called the Fire Dept because of the toxic odor, and what the security guard smelled outside their home. He is the one who told me to call them if the odor returned and ask for the Has Mat team. Then as scheduled later in the day the odor returned, and the next day and so on.
    Regards,
    EvArt

Jan 27, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Very helpful and kind when all hell is breaking on me and much appreciated
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2008, 06:04 AM
    To Judy,

Passive-aggressive behavior sometimes is resistance to the following: it can be described by authoritative instructions in interpersonal or occupational situations. It can manifest itself as resentment, stubbornness, procrastination, sullenness, or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is assumed, often explicitly, to be responsible. It is a defense mechanism and, more often than not, only partly conscious. For example, people who are passive-aggressive might take so long to get ready for a party they do not wish to attend, that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive. Alternatively, leaving notes to avoid face-to-face discussion/confrontation is another form of passive-aggressive behavior.

Internets and sites like this are supposed to help you save time! So I do not feel I am passive aggressive for not reading the silly rules that are basically the same everywhere. Judy I think your stretching this to make yourself sound like you actually know what you’re talking about.

I was kind to you; I apologized to you also so who's the jerk here?

I think your neighbors are the least of your problems. By all means call the Police - I think the person they will look at is you.

Perhaps I was wrong about your passive aggressive behavior, posting and then fighting with the people who try to answer. Maybe, as has been suggested, you do have mental health issues or those herbs you use are really good stuff.

So other people's rules are "silly rules?" (Oh, it's you're not your. You should know that from the 10 businesses you run.) Perhaps instead of looking up meanings you should look up spellings.

Well, at least you're equal opportunity - you've managed to offend just about everybody.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Since you have no proof, and no support, and no legal leg to stand on, then tell the landlord your moving, on grounds of safety and health, and follow up with calling the health department, and filing a complaint.
    mslady256 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
    I think I'm going through the same thing with my neighbors and I'm on my last leg with them; I'm so tired of smelling that smell and I keep complaining about it to my landlord but she does nothing about it. I feel if they don't and soon then I will have no other choice but to resort to the cops I really don't feel like going through the drama but I'm tired of feeling as if I can't breath the smell is unbearable and I feel as if I'm suffering from it not to mention I been staying here for 3 years I pay my rent on time I deserve to not have to come home to a apartment that smells like rubber. I have put pluggins in my house and it does no good I buy all kinds of smell goods it does no good. And to top it all off I don't know which one of my neighbors that is doing it, all I know is that it has the whole floor smelling this way. Last summer they busted someone who stays here with meth actually 2 people with cooking meth and you would think that would make who ever that is doing it quit but no I guess not. My comment to you is if you have went and complain about it to your landlord or whoever and they still haven't took any steps to get that situation under control then you just have to do what you have to do. Its getting redicules the whole thing is wrong, its harming you and who ever that's in your home not to mention your health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Neighbors [ 9 Answers ]

My huband and I like to have our windows open facing our backyard in the evening. When our next door neighbors go out on their patio and smoke, the smoke gets in our house and we end up having to close all the windows. I know they have a right to smoke in their backyard, but it's frustrating to...

Nasty condo neighbors [ 5 Answers ]

Trying to find a solution to a nasty upstairs condo neighbor... this neighbor Moved in 2yrs ago, (neighbor) lot of noise (put up with it at first, but it was nonstop) Knocked on door to ask for a reprieve, was given a nasty OK OK OK It escalated, sounds like 5 yr old daughter plays hocky...

I think my husband is on meth [ 26 Answers ]

Here are the symptoms Erratic behavior,wears sun-glasses all the time-even indoors,he seems to have aged decades,hair long and unkempt,teeth discolored,weightloss of fifty pounds or more in a few months,sometimes he seems paranoid,anger outbursts,cut himself off his family,new and strange friends...

Help! 1st time home (condo) owner with seeping toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I checked the other postings and could not find one specifically on this issue and the questions about wax rings. I live on the bottom floor of a 3 story condo, for only about 6 months. When the main drain of the building gets clogged by the neighbors (like with papertowels or grease most...

View more questions Search