Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marius200666 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Linux and games
    If I build a computer based around linux. Can I still play Microsoft products? Sorry. I don't know much about linux at all.. like could I still play Bioshock CoD 4 and other games?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Marius,

I have moved your question to a thread of it's own. Piggybacking your question on someone else's thread only leads to confusion and someone's question may go unanswered.

Dec 4, 2008, 05:38 AM
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 05:59 AM
    No you will not be able to install Windows-based software of any kind. Many applications have a free open-source Linux alternative.

I have Ubuntu installed but I dual-boot to Windows for my Windows-only games. Within Ubuntu many people successfully use Wine to run their Windows apps and games.

Dec 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
    All sounds very confusing to me lol
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 07:06 AM
    There are a few of us that run Linux (not just Ubuntu) on this forum. While we don't get deep into config talk (the Linux forums and Google searches are great for that) we can assist you a little bit. What distribution were you considering?
    9hththt2 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 05:36 AM
    It is true that you can't run Windows games while using Linux.
    If you choose the Linux Operating System you can do what NeedKarma adviced (Wine) and follow instructions or you can download some other free software made for Linux (games, jukebox, cd burners, etc etc). :o
    If not... Then you can make a partition in your hard drive installing Linux - If you do this, you will be able to choose which Operating System you want each time you turn on your computer.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Games play games [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to playe the microsoft games. Am using window`s XP desktop, also have same window`s on my laptok but able to playe on the laptok. The configr r the same. Don`t know what to do. Have scanned the system no virus threat!! I am trying to play Age of mythology

Why should I use Linux [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, well I use windows vista and xp and I've tried mac and I honestly don't like either, I think they suck equally like at first a mac is better but I've changed things on my Vista computer to make ti pretty much equal to a Mac Os. So I decided to look up Linux on YouTube and I realized that you...

Linux [ 5 Answers ]

I have a saa7134 TV cards .my linux (kernal 2.6)not configure for this TV cards.pls help me

View more questions Search