Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHERIE_LABAT Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Filing false charges on someone
    What can I do about someone filing false charges on me? My ex has filed 11 false afidavits on me, each time it cost me $150. To bail out. He never shows up at court so its always dismissed. The judge keeps letting him do this even knowing he's not going to show up at court he never does.
    Can I sue my ex in small claims court for the money that I've put out on these false charges?
    What about all the inconviences, and the time that I have had to spend in jail over these lies?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Filing a false p[olice report is a crime. You need to ask for a new judge or get this one to do his job.

Aug 5, 2008, 04:21 PM
    How do I go about getting a different judge? We live in a very small rural community. It's all in who you know. The justice court clerk and one of the officers has even said the same as me about its past being rediculious. I don't know what to do and when I tried to talk with the judge in the past it landed me in jail for contempt of court, and being told next time it would be 10 days in jail. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this will be greatly appreciated?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Talk to chief judge of the state or the state attorney general's office.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Also talk to the DA about charging them with filing a false report.

But yes I would also try to sue them for the costs of the courts on this.

Aug 5, 2008, 05:14 PM
    I was unsure about the Attorney Generals office but I did file a complaint with the ethics committee but I haven't heard anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone get in trouble for filing false charges? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have standard visitation of my step daughter and have since July 7, 2006. We do pay child support every week just like were obligated too. We've also had problems out of the mother and her family, but kept fighting to see our daughter because she's ours. Last time it was our...

Filing false 498 (A) and withdrawal by conditions [ 1 Answers ]

Subject: False case of 498(a), 506 IPC and 3&4 D.P.Act and on community agreement my wife will withdraw the case on conditions. Dear Sir, The following contents are presented in just truth to you for your valuable guidance at the earliest as the case in as brief as possible I am (Aged 30 years)...

Filing status as Married Filing Jointly or Filing Separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in USA on L1 for the following time period: May 2006 to January 2007. August 2007 till Date. According to the substantial presence test, I completed my 183 days in US in November 2007. So during 2007 I was a dual status alien. My non-working spuose and year old...

Filing Charges [ 2 Answers ]

How many days after being arrested does the state have to file charges on a person in the state of Florida in st lucie county

What's the time limit for filing charges on someone writing a bad check [ 4 Answers ]

How long do you have to make charges against some for writing a bad check. It was a family member and I wasn't trying to go to court but she refuse to pay it's been a year and she's about to move out of the state.

View more questions Search