Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smidgensmom Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Cash advance made by deceased
    There was a cash advance made by my grandfather before he passed. There is no estate and no assets no probate of any kind, that was dissolved in 2000 when we qualified my grandmother for medicaide. He lived with me in my home and all money's were spent down according to law.

Now the credit card company is trying to tell me that I had something to do with this cash advance. I did not help him with the call. I was power of attorney but the credit card company would not even speak to me about his account even then. My power of attorney is not in effect after death and I have not used it since then either.

Now of course they are very eager to talk to me. Well they are more like getting pretty aggressive threatening.

What are my rights. I can not pay any of this, I am now unemployed in the history's worst job market. My home is in my name. I have no savings and I am not responsible for this debt.

My name is not on any of my grandfathers credit card accounts in any way not even to get information. So how do I get them to stop. Any one have any magic words, phrases or strategy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Nothing has changed from the answers you got last week.

If you don't want to hear from them, write them and tell them not to contact you about the debt again, so until they sue you in court you will not hear from them, and there in court you can present your evidence of why it is not your debt.

The main issue raised in a privious post, was how soon before his death was the cash advanced made. If very soon, they may want you to prove in court what he did with the money, reciepts of where it went, to prove it did not go to you or that it was not spent by you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash Advance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My name is Marina. I hope there is people who can answer to my question. Three days ago I went to the bank to transfer money from my overseas account to my Citizens bank account. Before asking them for this transaction, cash advance, I did ask the branch manager whether they have a limit...

SSI and cash advance loans [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone on SSI have a lien put on their house for an unpaid cash advance loan? It is a $400.00 loan.

No-show known in advance by plaintiff atty, my atty not told in advance [ 3 Answers ]

Will I be able to prevail in small claims court against the plaintiff's attorney and/or her? My ex-girlfriend filed a motion for a 2-year protective order to keep me out of our jointly-owned house. At the hearing, she didn't appear, but her attorney truthfully claimed that she was on business...

Cash Advance [ 1 Answers ]

If an employerr, advance you money from future pay checks, how much can they deduct fom your paycheck every month?? can they take your whole paycheck and leave you with nothing, or do they fall under that no more then 10% rule.

Cash advance on workman compensation cases [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California, I would like to know, can I be denied a cash advance on a workman compensation case, if being off work has cause a hardship.

View more questions Search