Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weeknworker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
    Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner
    My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I changed the thermostat but it did not help. My house is 30 years old and it's the original furnace. Please help. Thank you
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Have you had the gas company inspect the gas tank?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Sounds like the thermocoupling needs to be replaced. That's the device in the flame of the pilot light that tell the gas valve that the pilot light is lit. You might want to repost on the heating and A/C site.
    weeknworker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud
    Sounds like the thermocoupling needs to be replaced. That's the device in the flame of the pilot light that tell the gas valve that the pilot light is lit. You might want to repost on the heating and A/C site.

Thanks, HK. Posted my question on the Heating A/C site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier gas furnace model 58ES125-2d pilot comes on for 3 seconds clicks and goes off [ 1 Answers ]

Guys sorry for my ignorance its cold! Carrier 58ES125-2D or 5BES125-2d Pilot comes on for approximately 2-3 seconds clicks shuts off and retries over and over any ideas, may even click as it goes on? Thanks I cleaned it with steel wool and light sand paper, same thing pilot starts and goes out...

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

How do you light the pilot light of a Carrier furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you light the furnace of a Carrier furnace model #58DLA110-12?

How do I light the pilot on a gas furnace? [ 8 Answers ]

Yesterday I turned on the furnace and it worked. Today I just hear a click when I turn the thermostat, but no ignition. What should I do?:mad: :mad:

View more questions Search