Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:39 PM
    How to transfer data from c to e in windows pro xp
    I recently acquired a new hard drive to replace a small one and thought I might be able to just transfer it over from c (the small one) to e and then be done with it, but really don't seem to know what I'm doing I guess. Can anybody tell me how to or what the alternative is before I really mess it up
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
    You had the right idea, plug both harddrives in and just copy the data over. BUT, if you the ENTIRE hard drive (Operating System, Account settings and so forth) to remain in place, you will need to use a program that will be able to transfer the data.

Although it IS old Norton Ghost would copy your entire hard drive to a new one. I'm not sure what any newer programs are called, since I simply install the Operating System onto the new hard drive, copy the files I want and continue. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I transfer data from old hd to new? [ 4 Answers ]

I have installed a larger hd in my computer and I want to transfer all the data from the old one but do not know how. Please help.

Unable to transfer data from old PC [ 1 Answers ]

Am getting stuck trying to move files and settings from one XP PC to another. I have a cat 5 crossover patch cable, and have set up a LAN, but keep getting stuck in the wizard because it doesn't seem to want to let me use the cable... can anyone help?

View more questions Search