Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WoggeyB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:43 PM
    How to make Ceramic Molds
    I have recently opened up a new ceramic shop with my sister. We already have over 3,000 molds, but we would like to make some of our own. We just aren't really sure how. We know they are made with plaster... But it would be nice to get some more insite on just how we can go about making them, or even a method to use, and just some basic ideas. Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
    The first thing that I would suggest doing, would be to check out the answers and subsequent links on the following link on this site.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crafts...ng-173048.html

Hopefully, someone will come along who does really know the ins and out of ceramic mold making.
    Girl_in_Ky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 08:23 PM
    I was able to visit a mold manufacturing company. Their process was to make a mold design from wax. It can be very detailed this way. Then they cast it in rubber. The rubber cast is what the plaster is poured into. When the plaster hardens you have a finished mold. I'm not certain how many years that the rubber cast will stay good. I'm thinking 5 or 6 years. I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic Knives [ 4 Answers ]

I was in the market for some new knives. I wondered if anyone has experience with any of the newer ceramic knives?

Ceramic Molds [ 5 Answers ]

Where can I find molds for ceramic projects. Thanks

Ortho Never Took Molds of Teeth! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am an adult and had braces for almost 2 1/2 years. My ortho never took molds of my teeth in the beginning of my treatment. He only took pictures of my teeth, nothing fancy just pictures of the front and side. After having my braces on for a while and asking friends, I realized that...

Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!

Ceramic [ 1 Answers ]

What are ceramics?

View more questions Search